Date Night

Jays POV

"I can't believe you punched a hole in the wall, Nya. I mean who does that!?!" 

"I do apparently." She scoffed as we were walking hand in hand down to a park nearby the coffee shop. 

I noticed her mood changed ever since we left the café, she's usually very bubbly and genuine person. Right now she's upset and negative about herself, and she really shouldn't be. Didn't realize people on her own cheer team had a dislike to Nya. 

I kept glancing at her left hand, which still held all the blisters from the coffee incident. I'm pretty sure she numbed away the pain after she punch the bathroom wall in the café, though I still want her to treat it. 

Luckily is was starting to get dark, so no one was really at the park which was perfect for Nya and I to have a small dinner date. I might've- just slightly- called my mom and had her plan the date... I knew everything about it- I-it's just that I didn't have time and I wanted to make Nya feel better, so I made arrangements with her. 

The latest response I've gotten from my mother was, 'You better not mess this up, I want some grandkids one day mister!' 

Great to know that my parents approve, "Jay." I heard my name. 

I looked down to see my girlfriend's beautiful ocean eyes, curiosity flowing through them like waves on the ocean current. I smiled, placing a kiss on her forehead, "We're almost there, love." 

"What is 'there', anyways?" She questioned, "You haven't told me what this date is yet, and I am becoming slightly impatient." 

I chuckled at her little pouty face, "Patience, young one, all will be revealed soon enough." I took her in an alien accent, a little specific to a curtain alien. 

"Jay, did you just do-" 

"A Master Goda impression, well of course!" I exclaimed. 

"You're such a nerd." Nya giggled, not noticing the picnic display my mother set up at a nearby picnic table. It had a brown woven basket filled with all the food I had requested, wrapped in a lilac colored bow, Ma just had to add her own little touch doesn't she. 

It seems that Nya had notice I was distracted by the picnic table because when she looked at it she gasped. Both of her hands held my face, turning my attention back to her, "D-Did you- what did you- how?" 

I placed my hands on top of hers and grinned, "That's a Jay Walker secret." He joked. 

Nya rolled her eyes, "As much as I care about you, you'll never defeat Zane's 'classified' line." She teased, sticking out her tongue at me. 

I couldn't even find an excuse to use for that. Zane's 'information is classified' is truly undefeatable. I walked my girlfriend over to the table, allowing her to take a seat wherever she chooses. I sat at the opposite side of the table, taking out all the food from the basket his mother packed. 

"Chicken Noodle Soup? Jay, how did you know?" She inquired, taking another spoonful of the bowl of deliciousness. 

"Might've had Kai help me a little," I confessed to her, "I wanted our first official date to be perfect." 

"It already is perfect." She told me, reaching her hand over to mine to hold it. 

My smile faded when I look at her left hand, it looked like she saw it too, "Jay it's fine-" 

"I can't believe those mean cheerleader."  

"Jay, I only have to deal with it for a couple more months-"