The New Teacher

Jay's POV

I haven't seen or talked to my friends in days. Every time I would try to sneak out of the house my mother would be waiting at the front porch to bust me. The only friend I was able to keep in contact though was Zane. My mother never said I couldn't hang out with him, so he's going to keep me in check with everything going on with the group.

It was towards the begging of sixth period, I was sitting next to Zane of course and Mr. Borg still hasn't arrived to teach the class. Mr. Borg was Zane's favorite teacher since he taught him about technology and the his father is really good friends with him. I think it's nice to have a favorite teacher I mean then you get the easy way out if you're in trouble or are about to. Too bad I never had one...

"What's taking Mr. Borg so long?" I asked Zane as he was finishing some notes for his previous class. 

Zane stopped writing his notes and sighed, "Mr. Borg collapsed last night, he will not be attending class for a while" He confessed to me.

My mouth gapped open, "What!?! Zane, why didn't you tell me before?" I shouted quietly to we wouldn't disturb the other students. He shrugged as he continued to write his notes. This was oddly strange for Zane, and I mean ODD. 

Zane is never like this, the only time this happened was- well- NEVER! He never gets sad or depressed, Zane's always just so happy and cheerful, but today seems different. I have a feeling this isn't just about Mr. Borg. 

"How are the others then" I asked randomly to pick up a different conversation.  

He responded with, "Fine."

That's it? Fine? Good lord what has happened to this guy!?! Before I could ask anything else Principle Garmadon and a women with platinum hair up in a clean bun, emerald green eyes, and wore a violet long sleeve dress with silver designs sewed into it. I'm going to assume this is our new teacher.

"Good Afternoon, students. As some of you may know already, Mr. Borg was hospitalized last evening. He will not be teaching the class for a short amount of time, so you will be having a substitute for the meantime" Garmadon stated as the women walked up next to him, "Everyone, this is you new teacher for the time being, Ms. Borg."

The new teacher gave me a weird vibe, I just don't knw what it was. She barely even gave out a smile which just chills me to the bone. On the other hand once I looked to Zane, his eyes were practically bulging out of his head. He looks more interested in the teacher then hos own work! Now this is something new.

"I'll leave you to it Ms. Borg" Garmadon finished as he walked out of the classroom closing the door behind him. 

Ms. Borg adjusted her dress as she was about to speak, "Welcome students to my vision of Communications to Technology 3, today you will be reading out of your books pages 620-700 about the artificial intelligence of computers and if you don't finish reading it in class then you will either stay after school to complete the assignment, or sigh the clipboard so you may take the book home to use for homework. Understood?" She asked the class.  

The class was silent, until one student who I know all too well spoke up, "I understand, Ms. Borg" Zane said as he already had his book out about to start reading it. Ms. Borg gave a small smile, "Alright then, begin!" she announced.

We all started reading the book which may I say have literally a thousand words per page! I mean I know Mr. Borg was strict, but this is just too much! Five minutes later Zane got up from his seat as he brought the book over to the book counter. He finished the whole thing and I'm still on page two!

I think I got distracted by what was going on with Zane instead of my work which honestly I didn't really care for. "What are you doing?" Ms. Borg asked with a stern tone.