The Great Supper

Jays's POV

Last week, pretty much right when I found out Ma and Pa would like to meet Kai and Nya, I immediately called them and they both had agreed to have diner. Today was the day my parents were going to meet them both, and I'm both excited and nervous. 

My parents had wanted everyone to dress their best, so I just HAD to wear a tux. Great. But thinking about dressing up nice mean that Nya could be wearing a dress... That would be a dream. 

"Jay, sweetie! Come down to the kitchen I think I see a car pulling in!" I heard Ma yelled from across the whole trailer. I looked at myself on the mirror one more time, the blue tux is really making my eyes pop out more than it should. I was about to spray some perfume, or men's cologne, but I pulled my hand back from the bottle. Nya's allergic. And Kai would kill me if she got a reaction. 

I ran down to the kitchen and right when I got there the doorbell rang. I made sure I was the one to open the door, so then that way my parents would see me as a gentlemen and so I didn't get scolded later in the night. 

I opened the door and my jaw dropped, Nya was in a off the shoulder marron dress, her sleeves going down to her wrist and a skirt just barely stopping at her knees.  She had her hair half up half down with a little hair tie sticking out. She was absolutely stunning. 

And Kai was in a nice red button up shirt and some dress pants, nothing too fancy. I welcomed them in, giving Nya a tight hug and shaking Kai's hand afterwards. I coughed, "Kai, Nya, these are my parents." 

Ma was in a brown pants suit and pa was in a green sweater, "It's nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Walker." Nya greeted shaking my parents hand as well as Kai. 

"Oh please, call me Edna."

"Please come sit, diner should be ready very soon. It's some lasagna and garlic bread." My pa announced, pulling out a chair for his wife. 

I took Nya's hand and pulled out her chair for her and she kindly kissed my cheek in thanks. I sat next to her, and Kai sat on the other side of the table. 

"So Kai, since Jay was accepted in the internship what exactly will he be able to do in your squadron?" Ma asked him, I'm slightly curious why she's asking the questions for my job, but I'll go off later I guess.

"Well my squad is more in the higher cases as interns, so we'll be working on crime cases. Most likely the aftermath, but if an emergency happens and we just happens to be near we go straight into action." Kai replied, taking a sip of his water. 

Ma smiled at the response, "Well that sounds exciting, doesn't it sweetheart!"

"Yes Edna dearie! Very interesting." Pa responded, taking out the bread from the over in the kitchen. 

"And what about you, Nya dear, do you work?" 

Kai was about to respond but Nya quickly interrupted him before he even said a word, "I actually work in an autobody shop, I'm an mechanic there. I work on cars and truck of all kinds, been working there for a couple years now." She smiled, I could tell that she felt like she could breathe and relieve herself from the secret she had kept from Kai.

"Cool, is that the one Jay had gotten a job from too?" Ed asked, looking pretty happy at the response given to him. He placed down some plates for all of us and gave us our food and some utensils.

Nya nodded, taking a bit of the lasagna, "This is delicious, thank you so much for having us by the way. We've really been wanting to meet you for some time." The ocean eyed girl said with a smile on her face as she dug into her food. 

I smile to myself, she seems comfortable. That's what he had wanted for her, so he was really happy that she was enjoying her time here. "As have we, dear. Please tell us a little more about yourself. We would love to hear some more things about you two."