Chapter 19: Girl Friends

Girl Friends

Bella's POV

Napa-ismid nalang ako nang may grupo ng mga babaeng lumapit sa amin nina Ashton at Max. I ignored them and fished out my phone from my pocket because as usual, they are here to flirt with them. Napangiti ako na parang baliw nang mabasa ang text sa akin ni Kuya Ru—Russell pala. Yesterday , he insisted that I call him by his first name. Wala namang problema sa akin dahil mas gusto ko nga iyon. Yes, mula pagkabata, kuya na ang tawag ko dito at nasanay na rin ako. But it's kind of awkward to keep calling him that now.

Excited for tonight. I miss you.

I silently read his text and smiled like an idiot when I remembered that we have a date tonight. We'll be having our first date! I'm excited as f*ck. I can't wait for this day to be over.

I was about to text him back when Max elbowed me.

"What?!" Naiinis na bulyaw ko dito.

"Victoria is talking to you." He replied and glared at my phone.

"Victoria who?!" I asked irritated and looked at the girl in front of me who was waving her hand to say hi.

"Hi. I'm Ria. I made some cookies. Here." Inabot nito sa akin ang isang box ng cookies at nagdadalawang isip ko itong tinanggap.

"What's this for?!" Nagtatakang tanong ko.

"I'm just wondering if we could be friends with you." She said with a big smile, gesturing at her two friends behind her.

"Me?!" Turo ko sa sarili. Is this for real? Never pa akong nagkaroon ng babaeng kaibigan and I find it really odd that they want to be friends with me. I mean, I don't even know them.

Kahit na gusto nila akong maging kaibigan, I don't think I can be friends with them. I mean,

"Yes." The girl on Victoria's left held my hand and nodded. "Pwede ka ba naming maging kaibigan? I'm good at math. I can do your papers."

"And we can hang out at my house or at your house. We can do sleep overs." Suggested the other one.

"We heard Sir Russell De la Vega is your older brother. That's really cool! And there I thought you like Ashton. That was so stupid of me to think that way eh aunt ka pala niya." Exclaimed Kat and chuckled.

"Since magkaka-ibigan na tayo. Can you like help us with Sir Russell? Cause you know, we find your brother really hot and he's smart too—"

"No!" I yelled not waiting for her to finish her sentence and snatched back my hand. "Student—teacher relationship is not allowed in school so back off! Here's your cookies. I really don't like sweets."

Shoving the box of cookies in her chest, I walked away fuming. Bwiset na mga haliparot na 'yon! I can do my own math honework and I can ask my mom to bake me cookies. I don't need them as my friends. Hindi na nahiya. Kaya pala gusto nila makipag-kaibigan sa akin, gusto lang nilang mapalapit kay Russell. Well, I will never let that happen. Mangarap sila!

"Hey! Aunt Bella, wait for us!" Ashton yelled behind me.

I stopped walking, turned around and punched him in the chest. "Do not call me that!"

"Why not? Everyone thinks you and uncle Russell are siblings. Which means they think you are my aunt as well. Eh di panindigan nalang natin." Natatawang sagot ni Ashton kaya mas nag-init ang ulo ko.

"Hindi naman malabong mangyari iyon eh." Sambit ni Max. "Come to think of it. Bella and kuya Russell are mates and they'll eventually get married, she's gonna be your actual aunt."