Chapter 47: Unexpected News

Unexpected News

Russell's POV

"I Bella Amore Willson-"

"Bella, don't do this please." It just came out of my mouth, like it's right to stop her. There's something inside me that's telling me I should stop her. Isn't this what I like though? Wala naman siyang mapapala sa akin at gusto kong lumayo siya. Wala akong naramdamang kalungkutan kahapon nung pinapalayo ko siya. Pero ngayong tinupad na niya ang hiling ko, bakit ako natatakot? Alam ko ang susunod niyang sasabihin and it scares me.

"-reject you Russell Dela Vega of the Moon Creak pack as my mate."

The word rejection echoed in the ears like it's the worst word you could ever tell to a werewolf. Did she just reject me? Everyone's saying she's my mate but why does it hurt to be rejected by someone you don't even know? Why did I feel that weak connection vanishing? My heart, it hurt. Why?

Tila biglang nawala ang lahat ng lakas ko at napaluhod nalang ako sa sahig. Hindi ko maintindihan ang nararamdaman. Hindi ba ito naman ang gusto ko?

My eyes were on the floor when I heard her say, "I genuinely hope your happiness with Canice."

Canice? Yes, I admit I made a mistake. I didn't realize it was a mistake until I saw her betrayed face as she looked at us and to the ruined leche flan on the ground. It was the kind of look that I will never forget. Her eyes will haunt me forever.

Bella had her back on me when I had the courage to look up. She was wiping her tears as she walked away and her shoulders were shaking. Did I just made a woman cry?

"Tito, stand up. Let's go back to your room." It's been minutes and I was still on the floor when Ashton helped me on my feet as I stared at the closed door of Bella's room.

"Did I just made a lovely girl cry?" Hinarap ko si Ashton at hinawakan ang balikat nito. "Pwede bang suntukin mo ako? I deserve it."

"Punching you will not make things right."

Binitawan ko ang balikat nito at muling napatingin sa sahig. "You're right. I'm such an asshole. It hurt though-"

Napatingin sa akin si Ashton habang hinihintay ang kadugtong ng sasabihin ko.

"It hurt getting rejected. F*ck! It f*cking hurt!" I yelled punching my chest several times when I realized the impact of what I had just done. Ashton had to stop me because my wound started bleeding. Maybe if I hurt myself; give myself physical pain, it would cover up the ache in my heart right now.

I remember everyone but why not her?! Kapag naalala ko siya magiging okay na ang lahat hindi ba. Come on. Come on! Why can't I remember her? Why?!

"She's my blood donor. Bakit hindi niyo sinabi sa akin?!" Singhal ko nang maalala ang sinabi ni Max. "I'm such a terrible person. I should go talk to her again."

Turning around, I attempted to go back but Ashton held my shoulder and shook his head. I paused and realized it's not right to go back. Max is right, I might say something that will hurt her again. So I silently went back to my room and locked myself for several hours.

Ilang oras din akong nakahiga lang sa kama. Paulit-ulit na tumatakbo sa isip ko ang mga nangyari. Noong una, hindi ako naniniwalang mate ko si Bella dahil wala akong maramdaman na kahit anong koneksyon sa kanya. But when she rejected me, I felt it. I felt how I lost the connection. It felt like someone just crushed my heart with their bare hand for a second and just like that it went away.

I kept telling myself I only need to apologize to her for what happened with Canice but something inside me is telling me to go to her and beg to accept me back. But why? Isn't it what I wanted?