Chapter 35: Flowers and Sunset

Flowers and Sunset

Bella's POV

"Oh wow." Napanganga nalang ako sa gulat nang biglang yakapin ni Ashton ang babaeng naka floral dress. Bahagya pa ngang natapon ang wine na iniinom nito ngunit parang walang paki-alam si Ashton. Ashton sniffed the girl's hair and howled, catching the attention of other people inside the hall. The innocent girl was too surprised to even hug Ashton back.

Is that how someone normally reacts when they find their mate? I've never really experienced that since Russell hid the fact that we're mates and I've never witnessed anyone meeting their mate in person. I mean, just like that alam na nila agad na mate nila ang isat-isa?

"You're beautiful!" Ashton exclaimed who can't seem to take his eyes off the girl who only blushed and tried to hide a smile. What can I say, it's probably the best birthday ever.

My attention was shifted to Max who made a loud growl when his own mate, the pinked haired girl pushed him away. Oh-oh, someones gonna have a rough day.

"Oh sh*t no. Not now." The pink haired girl exclaimed, putting a hand in front of her to keep Max from coming closer. "Damn, I'm only here cause they told me the soon to be Alpha is hot, but I clearly didn't expect to find a mate. No, this can't be. I'm not ready!"

"Mine!" Sigaw ni Max na lumabas na ang pangill. Unti-unti na ding nagbabago ang kulay ng mga mata nito. I guess the pink haired girl is not ready to have a mate and Max is not taking it easy. Poor max.

"Gabby." Ashton's mate called for the pinked haired girl which is obviously named Gabby but she just kept shaking her head like she couldn't believe what's happening.

"F*ck, I'm so sorry but I have to leave." Natataranta itong lumabas ng hall at akmang susundan ito ni Max nang pigilan ito ng mate ni Ashton.

"Please, she needs time." Sambit nito pero lumabas parin si Max at sinundan ang mate nito.

"Cath, what's happening here?"

A guy I don't recognize approached them and Ashton growled at the guy when he tried moving closer to his mate. Ashton moved in front of his mate ready to attack the guy if he made another move to touch his mate.

"It's okay, he's my brother." Ipinatong ni Cath ang kamay sa likod ni Ashton at bahagya naman itong kumalma."Ken, uhm..he's my mate. He's—"

Humarap si Ashton dito at tinitigan. "Ashton, my name's Ashton."

"Hi, I'm Catherine. Just call me Cath, I guess." Tila nahihiya pang sagot ni Cath.

Ashton grinned and I swear I've never seen him look at anyone like he's looking at Catherine now. "It's kind of my birthday today."

"Oh, you're.... I mean you're going to be the Alpha." Hindi makapaniwalang sambit ni Cath. Hindi siguro nito inaasahan ana ng magiging mate niya ay isang Alpha.

"I am and I can't believe I finally found you! I've been waiting for you. You're beautiful!" Sambit ni Ashton at napagdesisiyuhnan kong lumapit na sa kanila.

"I believe you already said that. Geez, Ashton, you're so cheesy." Sambit ko nang makalapit sa mga ito. "Hi Catherine, hi Ken, I'm Bella. In case you noticed I'm human and the Alpha's brother is my mate. By the way, I'm Ashton and Max's friend."

"Hi, nice to meet you." Nahihiya nitong sagot.

By the time, alam na ng lahat na nahanap na nila Max at Ashton ang mga mate nila. Oras na din para i-announce na si Ashton na ang bagong Alpha ng pack. Ang mokong, hindi magkanda-humayaw sa pagngitig kay Cath. Kulang nalang ay matunaw na si Cath sa kakatitg nito. The poor girl on the other hand was too awkward and shy in front of Ashton.