Chapter Six: A Different Face

"No, don't do this! The avatar is trying to bring the spirit here! You mustn't cause such a disturbance!" I heard Misu yelled, as I came out of the spirit world.

I looked over to see everyone fighting Azula, "She's right stop!" I stated, walking up.

"Gah!" Sokka gasped, running closer to Katara.

"Gyawa, you're back!" Zuko smiled, as he broke his stance.

"Whew! It's just you, Gyawa! This forest is so creepy, I half expected another creepy face!" Sokka said, still freaking out.

"You mean like those?" I smiled, pointing at the faces coming up from the pool.

"Gah!" He gasped again.

"Now would you all stop fighting? We got a visitor." I said, pointing my thumb at the pool.

As I did, the spirit of faces came from the water, conforming to her shape. She was huge, she had a demanding voice, many glowing like faces, and woodish body. "I am the mother of face. Through me, separateness make into the world. Through me came identity. The one became the many. I walk through my forest once a season, but never have I strayed from the path my wolf chooses for me. I do so now in deference to the avatar, the great bridge between the spirits and the humans." I looked over to Sokka with a daring grin, he shrugged as she continued to speak. "I am a generous spirit, softhearted and kind."

"Maybe she know where my mother is." Zuko whispered over to me.

"It's worth a shot." I shrugged my shoulders, tilting my head at Zuko.

"Each season, I grant one favor to one human. You may make your request now." The spirit stated, but definitely what caught me was one favor.

"Just one?" I asked.

"One." She immediately but calmly replied. "Humans like you often chase after me, begging for new identities. Have you come to do the same?" She asked, looking at all of us thoroughly, I looked over at Zuko and Misu.

I couldn't just let Azula and Zuko leave Misu and Rafa there, even if Zuko was my boyfriend. But I still had to try to convince the spirit for one more. "You see, one friend needs to find his mother, someone no one can locate, and the other needs a new face to live again." I tried to say.

"Do not test my generosity, young Avatar. One." She firmly said, I knew I stepped off the line.

"I'm sorry." I apologized looking at the grass, I really just let that happen.

"They've waited for so long. If there's only one, it should be theirs." Zuko said, to me looking at Misu. I found a smile run across my face and put a hand on his shoulder. "Go head Misu." Zuko smiled stepping out of the way.

"Thank you, Thank you!" Misu gasped, as she walked closer with a huge tired smile.

"Ridiculous!" Azula hissed, as she broke the ice around her foot. "You're such a constant disappointment, Zuzu! Even when you're strong, you're weak!" She spat, as she ran pass Misu.

"Azula!"

"No!" Me and Zuko yelled as she now stood right in front of the spirit.

"We seek a princess of the Fire Nation, named Ursa!"

"Damn you, Azula!" I growled through my teeth.

"Ursa. I remember her. I could not understand why a human with such beauty would ask for a new face. To test her sincerity, I offered her one as plain as can be. She accepted." The Mother of Faces explained, showing us her new face.

"That's Noriko!" Zuko gasped. "Azula, our mother-!" He was about to say before we saw she had already left.

"She's gone!" Sokka stated.