Mako and Yongten (Pt.1)

[A/N: This is not canon, I recently published a sequel set in Legend of Korra called "Legend of Takumi" so anything between Yongten and Mako isn't canon.]

[Yongten's POV]

I exhaled, it was just another day, well besides the fact that the Avatar was being bombarded by Tarlok with gifts and she was dazing in and out about some fire bender.

At the moment however, I could careless, just because I was the only other Airbending master besides my up right bro Tenzin, this meant Korra picking me to duel. Which was so boring. Sure I might be in my twenties but I didn't have to be a teenager to act like I was bored.

Korra gritted through her teeth shooting fire at me. I twirled back and completely dodged it and the next fire blast, and the next, but I could tell I was becoming more of a punching bag for a pissed off Avatar as my dear Ma said.

First off, I could tell since we knew each other since childhood, sure I was older than her, but we were best friends after all. My Ma was the Avatar and she was the next one, I was a late kid what could I say. Ma was about in her forties when she had me, how I didn't even want to get my brain in that circle cuz there's no going back. What happened in my Da's and Her bedroom stayed in their bedroom as she said- wait! What the Duck was I saying?! (I once said the f word and my Ma made me tell Izumi, my overly stiff and well beloved by dad sis that I looked up to her.)

As my mind trailed off, I fell a stinging and very hot burning sensation hit my right arm.

I looked down to see my arm was indeed on fire. "Ah!" I gasped before taking it out with my trusty Air Bending.

"Are you okay?!" Korra gasped ditching everything and running at me with healing water.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." I shrugged, "I'm gonna need a lot of butter." I grinned, one time Izumi shot me and since Ma wasn't good at healing she'd rather run to the massive kitchen and yell at the cook for a lot of butter. And what ya know? I felt all better.

I felt the cold calming water move around my arm. I sighed, I forgot how good it felt. "I'm so sorry." Korra apologized concentrating on healing my boo boo. At least she was focusing on something.

"Well-" I was about to ask how hot this fire bender was for her to be acting like this before she almost screeched in my ear, "Mako!" Her face lit up.

"Oh hey Korra." A cool, grasping uncaring voice casually said.

I turned my gaze to a bright yellow eyed, clean cut, dark haired, soft lipped, sark-Bear eyebrowed fire bender. I don't even know if half of those were words. He wore grey black and a red scarf, very stylish I might add, I know, I was raised in the Fire Nation, royal palace to be exact.

He had his hands in his pockets, seeming indifferent to us. I would have 'studied' him more but I felt a very stinging feeling on my burnt arm. I looked down to see the healing water on the floor and Korra in another daze.

Wouldn't blame her though.

"Korra!" I tried to show her my arm. "Oh sorry." Embarrassed she got the healing water back on my arm.

"Oh, Mako this is Yongten. Yongten, Mako."

"Hi." He nodded his head not really looking at me. "Have you seen Bolin?" He asked immediately turning to Korra not giving me a second thought.

Just like everyone else!

I looked down at my clothes making sure they weren't messed up. And nope they weren't, he was just being a jerk. Just normal air bender's robes, I actually showed a lot of my body for a typical person. I then moved to my hair, which was a hair due dad didn't approve of. My dark silly black hair was shaved on the sides, the long part of it ok, the top of my head was braided and up for a place to put my royal princess thingy.

"I haven't seen him." Korra replied. "You think he's in trouble?" I asked trying to get his attention. "I don't know, I doubt it means anything." Mako, shrugged his shoulder, looking at the grey stone ground.

Out of habit bit my lower lip, it started when Dad got really mad at me for picking on (Izumi) his favorite. He said something about me reminding him of his sister.

"I'll just go back to the apartment." He said finally taking his hands out of his pocket and waving at us, showing that he was wearing black fingerless gloves.

"Bye." I mockingly waved, meanwhile Korra was still in that daze, I understood.

When Mako was no longer in our eye sight I turned a grin to Korra. "He has a girlfriend." She stated making me pout.

"Of course he does."

"And if he does become single, he's mine!" Korra pointed with her thumb to herself.

"Wow wow who gave you first dubs?!" I put my hand son my hips, I was acting like I was playing around here, but that boy was just gorgeous!

"I'm the avatar! I deserve the boy!" She smiled acting defensive, we did this sort of thing before you know.

"Not with your terrible air bending!" I smirked fretting in her face for her to back off the merchandise. Korra had a quirky smile before kicking me with fire. And the duel was back on.

[A/N: hi everyone, Thank You for all the support through this series and everything! Really. Thank. You. I don't know where this story will go next so I guess I'm ending it right here. The latest Avatar comic would be no different if Gyawa was there so I decided not to write it. Sorry. And I hope you find another story you love! Bye! Thank you so so so much for making Legend of Gyawa my biggest book ever!? I still can't believe it! For real 9,000 are you serious?! Just.... thank you.]