Chapter Nine: The Kemurikage

"Avatar Gyawa? Avatar Gyawa?" I heard Xing Ying ask tapping my shoulder as my eyes were staring in the abyss.

"Gah! What?!" I shrieked, hoping she didn't realize I wasn't paying attention to Aang.

We were in the Jasmine Dragon, teaching the acolytes, although I couldn't seem to listen. "Oh I'm sorry," she chuckled realizing why I was like that. "I was just going to say that I'm humbled you okayed me to wear my arrow proudly." She smiled, pointing to it.

I smiled back; "You completely deserve it," I said, I had really warmed up to her, she was a really nice girl and truly respected the culture. Definitely more then me, since I ate meat and didn't live to regret it. "You're more air nomad than I am." She seemed stunned by my words, but I just patted her shoulder.

"Well, I better go wake up Jingbo." She chuckled before walking over to him.

I sighed, meditation was something that was fogging between daze and actual meditation. I looked up to see Aang walking everyone out, I stretched before walking up to Iroh's bar.

"One tea please." I smiled, leaning on the bar. Iroh chuckled before grabbing a cup, ever since I showed him the way to make it he sold a lot of them.

"As always, Iroh, thank you for letting us meet here." Aang said walking up to us, and as usual he had a smile on his face.

"Any time, Aang! Tea and meditation go so well together!" Iroh said, handing me my cup.

"Hey, sweetie are you guys done?" Katara asked popping her head in along with Sokka.

"Just finished!"

"Perfect timing! We just got everything packed on Appa!" Sokka pointed at Appa before he groaned.

"Where are you headed?" Iroh asked, as I sipped my sweet ice tea.

"To go to the South Pole! It'll be our first time back since the end of the war!" Sokka explained, I looked down at my glass that was now empty, finding my chain of thought on Zuko and how he wasn't coming with us. Making the trip boring.

"We've been planning this trip ever since running into a couple of Katara's old friends at the earthen fire refinery!" Aang said as I folded my arms after putting the cup down.

"Plus, we'll finally get to see dad!" Katara sighed, with a smile closing her eyes.

"And go penguin sledding!"

"And eat some of auntie Ashuna's seal jerky!" Aang and Sokka added.

"Why aren't you excited, Gyawa?" Iroh asked me, I guess my Zuko sickness was showing.

"I... am." I lied, which I was something NEVER to do with Iroh.

"Is something troubling you?" he asked, with a smile putting his hands in his sleves.

"No, just I don't know, I kinda of miss Zuko is all. I haven't heard from him, or anything." I shrugged trying not to make it a big deal, but it had been a month or two I couldn't tell anymore.

"Ah, Zuko can be very distant and guarded at times, if you feel the need to say something you need to confront him, not All will resolve itself." He stated, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I know, thanks." I replied, trying to smile but I had nothing to say. I just wanted us to spend more time together.

"Let's get moving! Weather's perfect right now. If we hurry, we can probably get to-" Aang began to say before I heard a messager hawk crow. "Gyawa! It's for you." I heard him say.

I walked over and immediately read the letter. In Zuko's hand writing it said; "Gyawa, Spirits are threatening the Fire Nation. Please come help." Even if it was a distress call it was from Zuko, making me smile.