Everybody's thoughts

Cat's POV

I can't believe Jade actually took me to the hospital. It's been about three days since the incident and it was the first time I was going back to school. Turns out Josh actually broke my leg pretty badly. But then I realized that wasn't the only thing that hurt. I also by my toe... who knows how. Which now, I'm actually in a boot type of cast, not even my toes sticking out, all the way up to my knee. I kept up the lie saying that I hit my leg on a dresser and stubbed my toe or something. Surprisingly they didn't question anything else after that, which I was okay with actually because I didn't have a plan B if they didn't believe what I lied about happening. Already given the fact that I had no clue what happen either. After Jade took me to the hospital she kinda just left me alone, not questioning anything else as well. My dad would be back within at least 48 hours. 48 more hours of freedom... other than the fact that I'm practically a living potato. My brother'd been taking care of himself, so I got some time to myself... just to think.

Other than that everything should be going back to normal... the sad and painful normal...

Nobody's POV

Cat'd been dreading this day for the past 72 hours since she'd gotten out of the hospital. School. Dad. Friends. As a matter of fact, she was on her way to school right now.

She bit her lip in fear. No, Cat thought, what is Jade going to say? What is she thinking right now? What are they all going to say?

Jade had gotten to school 5 minuets early, which is a bit strange considering she doesn't even turn up to first period half of the time. Actually, she was there to meet Beck. She honestly had no clue Cat was coming back today, or anytime soon for that matter, and she didn't want to ask either. She knew something was going on in Cat's life that she wasn't telling everybody, but she didn't want to bother her by asking either. She figured she'd already had a lot going on right now, and she'd eventually burst, and tell them. She'd tell them when she's ready, and Jade respected that.

Tori knew about what had happened to Cat, and felt pity for her. She hated that word. Pity. She hates having pity for people. It's not a bad thing, it's just that-- it usually means the person doesn't care, but they feel sorry. But that's not the case. That's what Tori makes it seem, but really she cared a lot about what happened to Cat, and obviously she wishes it never happened. On the other hand, Tori was a scared for Cat's return. She, just as Jade, sorta knew Cat was acting a bit strange lately. She obviously didn't know as much as Jade did, but she was worried.

Robbie cared about Cat more than a friend, and it was obvious. And it killed him inside to know something horrible had happened to her, and she was in pain. He was excited and scared for Cat to come back. He had occasionally thought back to the time he went over to Cat's house. He thought back to her dad. Ever since, he's thought— what if her dad is doing something bad to her? But every time he just ignored it. Her face... he could see the fear in her eyes, but of her dad? Who is scared of there own dad? Cat is... apparently that's what it seemed.

Andre was aware that there was something wrong with Cat, but that's only because the gang had told him something was wrong. Otherwise he probably wouldn't have known. It's not because he doesn't care, Andre just doesn't read people well. He probably couldn't tell if someone was sad about a loved one passing, or if someone is angry at him. Or if he's being selfish for that matter. For example, the time he crashed Tori's house to write a song. He had no idea how rude he'd been, not letting Tori and her family sleep, eating their family pot pie. He had no idea how angry Tori was. But besides that, he cared about Cat, and felt so bad something like that happened. She didn't deserve to be in pain.

Beck cared dearly about Cat, but he doesn't want to get involved. When he heard about how Cat claimed she broke her leg by hitting a dresser, he didn't believe it one bit. But he doesn't want to say anything. He knows that's not what happened, but he hates being put in the middle of it. So as for now, he's not protesting. He could tell Cat was still a little upset when she saw him the day after that humiliating truth or dare. He doesn't want to make whatever is going on between them all, worse. Nobody's been talking like they did before Cat started to change. They all realized that. It's not the same with the small, ditzy red head. She's quiet. They are all quiet right now. Beck just wants things to go back to normal...

And Rex. Well, he's a puppet, not a living thing. He doesn't have thoughts. Robbie's kind of... stopped using him lately, ever since Cat changed.

But overall... Cat's going to get better... right? At least that's what they all are hoping. That, this is just a phase Cat's going through. Maybe... she's finally expressing he sexually. Or, she's gotten more mature... overnight. Or maybe something is actually happening. But maybe this change is for the best. For all of them. That's what they hope.