~Chapter 4~

Your POV

     I let out a groan as I opened my eyes, but instead of a hospital or the medbay's ceiling, I was greeted with a blue sky and white fluffy clouds. Defiantly not what I wanted to wake up to.
    Slowly I lifted myself up with the palms of my hands and noticed that I was laying in a large patch of grass... I was in A meadow of some sort, that I was certain of... considering there were no trees and barely any hills and the grass went on for miles.
     "I read to many stories..." I whispered to myself as I smacked my head lightly. Of course I knew where this was but it seemed all to familiar... it's like one of those scenes when someone's soul goes to heaven and yada yada yada.
     I was about to get up and begin walking to god knows where when there was the sound of someone clearing there throat erupted through my ears
     I could feel my head dip down as I turned the upper part of my body slowly, my (E/C) eyes meeting bright purple ones. Immediately, I let out a sigh of relief and let out a laugh
     "Oh thank god Eclipse, I thought I died for a second there." I murmured as I closed my eyes and fell back into the grass only to be smacked in the face by a leather like paw.
     Grumbling in annoyance, I again lifted my upper body, but this time I turned around completely and sat criss cross apple sauce and stared at Eclipse... and he stared back at me. He held his head slightly higher as he began to speak
     "Of course your not dead. You and I both know that I would not be here if you did die... and well here I am." He finished as he let out a yawn, his eyes shutting closed for a few quick seconds and his canines showing all there glory.
     I let his words sink into my head for a few seconds before speaking again. He had mentioned that he was going to give his life force to save my father but was told not to... of course he would save me and sacrifice himself.
     "Sorry, your right. I should know better by now." I chuckled while reaching up to scratch the back of my neck but when I did, I felt nothing but the palm of my hand.
     I felt my eyes widen as I threw my hands in front of me, only to see yet again the palms of my hands... no fingers attached.
     Eclipse seemed to notice my panic and walked up to me, his ghostly like spirit leaving footprints that evaporated almost instantly. He then let his sand paper tongue slap me against the face dragging me out of my thought.
"What... what happened?..." I mumbled as I noticed that there were burn marks all over my skin... how the hell did I not notice that I'm missing my fucking fingers?
"When the blast hit you it burnt your hands the most, considering you were using them to shield your face. You have been asleep for a few days getting surgery done on your hands and leg. Though you didn't lose any limbs. Just your fingers... were lucky that you didn't lose anything else... but you were in critical condition many times. A few times I thought you weren't going to make it." He finished as he sat his head on my lap, his chest heaving up and slowly going down as he let out a sigh.
     I wanted to respond but my mouth seemed to stay closed at its own request. I looked at my palms and noticed there were small stitched over where my fingers used to be... good to know that someone is at lest keeping me alive.
     "I.. is everyone else ok?" I questioned as I shifted my gaze to look at Eclipse, my eyes wavering as I shifted my head. He looked at me for a few seconds before looking at the ground.
     "Genji and Jesse are fine... it's the commanders that have gone missing. Jack disappeared along with Ana after the blast and... no one has seen Gabriel... Overwatch and Blackwatch are over with as the people have already begun to shame us... they do not see that we have won the war for them..." he murmured as his body began to disappear, a soft white smoke leaving him behind as his body faded out.
     I could feel a stray tear drip down my face as my own body began to do the same. And soon enough, I had also turned into a white smoke, leaving the place I knew as home.