~Chapter 14~

Your POV

"Jesse-" I harshly whispered as I sat at the bar of a saloon. The smell of smoke wafted through my nose, causing me to shake my head and squint my eyes. Thought I would be used to the smell of smoke- but I guess The only smell I liked was vanilla... considering I grew up with it.
"Yea darlin?" Jesse Snickered back. His head was held high, and his hat was placed neatly in front of him, just a little off to the side. In his hand was a shot of fire whisky, something that he had tried a few seconds ago and was not taking well... or at least he wasn't taking it well. Bartender brought him another one though just to mess with him.
     "Are you seriously going to take another-" before I could finish my sentence he yoinked the shot up to his mouth and downed it, his eyes bulging ever so slightly as the harsh whisky slid down his throat. He practically threw down the glass and looked at me, a large grin appearing on his face as he let out a laugh.
     Chuckling and shook my head. I then raised my hand to call over the bartender. The mans grey bluish eyes landing on me as he saw my hand raised. He slowly walked over and leaned against the bar, his gaze holding boredom and... yea just boredom.
     "What ya need Girly?" The gruff man asked. His eye brows were large, and his black hair was slicked back. His beard was large as well, and nice looking. Something that I guess Jesse admired the way he looked at it... cowboy couldn't grow one for the life of him- still barley had any stubble.
    "Any whisky you got except the one he's having" I chuckled while pointing my thumb over to the side. A wine was heard afterwards causing me to grin.
     I put down a ten and slid it towards the man, earning a quiet grunt of approval. His large hands grabbed the ten and put it in his pocket. He then turned around and began making my drink, allowing me to turn and look at Jesse whose eyes were wandering over my face- but in an odd sort of way.
     "What?" I questioned as I noticed a shot sliding towards me. Quickly I threw my hand down and caught the drink, my robotic fingers causing a clink to be heard in a small space.
     "Nothin, nothin." Jesse called out as he downed another shot of Fire Whisky, a tune of delight coming from his throat as he closed his eyes. I guess he was drunk already... not surprising though sense we were celebrating for passing our final destination.
     "You know- this reminds me of before blackwatch" Jesse mumbled out- just loud enough for me to hear. He knew not to talk about out loud for we could get into some serious trouble. But- this was a bar with plenty of outlaws. You could tell by the looks they had and by there rough appearance.
"You mean when you were a flirtatious boy looking for ever girl that he could get his hands on?" I giggled out as I sipped on my shot. Yes- I knew your suppose to down it but I didn't want to get drunk just yet.
"Hey! I might had played around with a few girls but I didn't do anything with em. Plus all of that changed when I met you. Rude personality and all." He chuckled while turning his head towards me. A smile on his face as he close his chocolate brown eyes. I felt my mind flash back to when we first met. His face had become more mature, with the stubble and all. And his body had changed too, turning more muscular and larger. But the one thing that didn't change about him was his personality- and his hat. And I wouldn't change it for the world.
"And I'm glad you did. Wonder where we would be if I had left the day I woke up from the incident. Probably in a cell... or worse dead." I spoke back as I took a large sip of my whiskey, the hot drink going down my throat and sending shivers down my spine.
"Well, glad you did stay. Otherwise I wouldn't have the chance to fall in lo-" his voice cut off as his eyes widened. his mouth shut instantly as he seemed to be in a daze. I looked at him for a few seconds in confusion before turning my head and looking in the direction he was looking in. Behind us was a girl surrounded by a few scrawny guys. Most of them had something covering there mouths or eyes- like a bandana or sunglasses... even though it was dark out.
Her hair was white and pushed off to the side., and a hat much like jesses sat on top of her head though only shape wise. She was also young, around Jesse and I's age from the looks of it. Though she seemed to wear to much makeup for my taste... red lipstick with black eyeliner and all. Sitting beside her was a fairly large omnic... it wore a bowler hat and had a mustache and it seemed to be nervous the whole time. It's eyes only looking at the floor or the table as it twiddled it's thumbs.
"Jess-" he looked at me and shook his head, his eyes filled with panic as he raised a finger to his mouth, telling me to be quiet.
"Listen to me- we need to go. But not sudenly- we don't want to attract that party's attention." He whispered while pointing behind me. I nodded but decided to speak against it. Somehow he seemed to become sober within a matter of minutes.
"They'll notice us if we're fast or slow. I have a better idea." I whispered back as I looked for the bartender. I felt my test tighten at the fact that he knew something and never told me. What ever it was- it was serious. And I felt a little betrayed that he never once brought up the girl behind us... unless this girl was the girl he told be about when we were younger. Ashe.
"Hey-" I called out quietly to the bartender who was passing by. He looked at me for a few seconds, waiting for something to come out of my mouth. I then pulled out a fifty and put it on the table, sliding it forward as I did so a smile on my face. He pulled it into his grasp and looked at it for a second. He then looked at me and raised an eyebrow, his body leaning against the bar as he did so.
"I need a distraction for us to get out. That table over there if you don't mind." I pointed at the woman who was a large beer bottle in one hand. She seemed drunk which was probably good for us considering if she does see us- she might not remember.
The large man nodded before turning around and whipping up something. A larger smell of whisky and a few other alcoholic drinks filled the air, causing me to scrunch my nose slightly
He then turned around holding six beer glasses full of something that was not beer and began walking away, his hands holding three at a time in each fist. He then began talking tot eh table, getting there attention on him.
"Alright McCree lets go-" I called out quietly as he quickly grabbed his hat and threw it on he then reached out, grabbing my hand as he did so. Then, Pulling peacekeeper into his holster he quickly pulled me outside, his eyes darting around for our horses who were no where in sight.
When we couldn't find them, I lifted my fingers to my lips and let out a loud whistle, earning the sounds of hooves hitting the ground. Within seconds I saw a large black horse galloping forward underneath the moonlight and lamps that decorated the town. Behind him was Rain who was quickly catching up to him.
They decided not to stop as I grabbed onto Hades reigns and pulled a myself up quickly, Jesse doing the same thing to Rain. The horses then began to speed up as we reached the end of the town, people giving us odd glances as we passed them

     "Wanna tell me what the hell that was all about?" I questioned while jumping off of Hades harshly, my feet hitting the ground with a large thump. My hair was everywhere and my face was cold from the wind. I don't know how long we ran but every time I tried to get him to stop- Jesse just kept running.
     His mouth was shut as he slowly slid off of Rain his eyes were closed slightly. His hat was tilted again, and his face was red slightly. His pupils were small- causing my anger to quickly be swallowed by concern.
     "Jesse?" I questioned quietly as I walked up to him, my arms instinctively wrapping around him as if to comfort him. I felt his arms wrap around me and pull me closer, causing me to close my eyes and take in his vanilla smell.
     "Sorry- I kind of panicked-"
     "Really?" I questioned sarcastically as I leaned back slightly. His frown was still slightly visible as he adverted his gaze to the side. He then let out a sigh while closing his eyes.
     "It was Ashe." He finally spoke causing my chest to to fill with relief. A loud sigh escaped my lips and I rested my head against his chest.
     "I thought as much" I spoke out as he rested his head on my own. We stood there in silence for a few moments before I opened my eyes and looked around.
     "Hey Jess? I know we just escaped a little run in with bitch face-" I heard him let out a snort causing my chest to fill with butterfly's. I could feel heat rising to my face as I smiled and leaned out of his hug and pointed to the side, causing his head to shift and look in the direction I was gesturing to.
     He smiled as we both looked at the sight. We had stumbled across a small lake- one that the horses we already taking full advantage off. There were multiple streams connected to it, making it seem like a maze of water. Across the lake was a piece of flat terrain that was surrounded by trees, and other prices of nature. Such as bushes and such.
     I walked over to Hades who looked at me and flicked his tail. He then went back to drinking the water from the lake, allowing me to reach into one of my bags, pulling out a map in the process. I then walked back to Jesse and unfolded the map, pointing at the town we were at.
     "This is where we were. We ran east, and sense the horses are pretty fast and we were running for an hour and a half straight-" I looked at Jesse with a glare as he let out a whistle and looked the other way.
     "Here's the funny thing though. There is no sign of a lake anywhere on this map. Although if we ran East more- we would come across another small town, and it's slightly closer than the other one... so this place hasn't been discovered." I spoke out while folding the map back to its original place. He then walked forward and put his hands to his hips, his eyes wandering around the place.
     "We can't buy a house- or property- but finders keepers around these parts." He smiled as I shuffled up beside him, my head leaning against his shoulder, a smile on my face.
     "You know- your still drunk- and I have no idea how you so ok with seeing Ashe." I called out while sitting down, him following after.
     "One- yes I am. And I'm tired. Two- I guess it's because I honestly could give two flying fucks about her. It's just if she saw us- no doubt in my mind she would open fire right then and there." He called out while leaning back, his hand reaching and pulling his hat over his chest.
     "I guess so, but still-" I couldn't finish as I heard soft snoring. I turned around and saw that His mouth was open slightly and his eyes were closed. His face was red from the alcohol.
    I smiled and leaned down, hesitantly kissing him on the lips as I did so. I then got back up and began taking off the bags of the horses, hanging the saddles and such on a nearby tree. I then pulled out two blankets and walked back to the sleeping cowboy.
    Sitting down, I pulled one blanket over him just to keep him warm for the night, I then pulled one over myself and snuggled against him, my face slightly blushed from the contact.
     "I-..." I took in a breath as I closed my eyes.
      "I love you Jesse." I called out quietly as I looked at the night sky for a few seconds before closing my eyes once more, a sigh coming from my lips as I began to drift off to sleep. I then felt two arms wrap around me, dragging me closer.
                               "Love ya too Darlin"

Hey guys! Flame here and I hoped you enjoyed this chapter! I know it took awhile but I wanted to get the little ending for the chapter just right. And I think I did so. As always, I hope you all will stay t