Chapter 50: The Night of the Reptile

"Hello?"

Oh my God...Gwen Stacy is standing right before me.

"Hello?"

She's kind off hot...and now that I think about it...she does kind of look like Emma Stone.

"Hello! Naked boy!" she cried out loud.

And immediately I snapped out of my stupor. I blinked and turned to her, "Peter, my name is Peter."

"Fine, Peter, will you stop spacing out and help me?!" Gwen cried out, "where's your dad? I need to talk to him!"

"H-he's not here," I spoke back, "his job has him out of town...what exactly do you need him?"

"Doctor C told me if anything was to go wrong that I should contact your dad immediately. When I came to the lab tonight...God, it was like an animal broke in and destroyed everything!"

"Shit," I hissed, the Lizard was out, fuck me! "Okay...did you call the cops?"

Gwen nodded, "first thing I did. But when I told them about Doctor C they didn't believe me, they said it was just a robbery, but there's something more that happened there I just know it!"

"Alright Gwen, I promise I'll help you," I opened the door and motioned her inside, closing it shut behind her, "wait right here, I'll change and be down in a moment."

"What? No, I need Richard Parker! Without your dad I can't really do anything," she looked around, "damn it. What do I do?"

"Okay listen here," I grabbed her shoulders and held them tight, she looked up at me and I met her eyes, "I am going to come with you okay? We'll search for your mentor together, I promise."

Gwen looked back, her eyes wide, "r-right," she then slowly looked down, I realised a second too late that the coat's belt had come undone when I held her shoulders, giving her a full unobstructed view.

I cleared my throat, "as much as I like the staring, I don't think checking me out is the best course of actions right now."

"Sorry!" she squealed as she turned away immediately, blushing up a storm.

"It's fine," I chuckled, "hope you had a nice view at least. Pervert."

"Pervert?! You're the one who's half-naked! Why were you half naked?!" she asked.

"Hey, it's one in the morning and you came to my house. I can wear whatever I damn well want."

"Then why did you answer the door like that?!"

"Hey! I heard a girl crying out for help in the middle of the night, what was I supposed to do?! Dress up in a suit and tie and then check up happened?"

Gwen was silent, "right….sorry about that."

I snorted, "it's fine...you're lucky i wasn't fully naked."

"You sleep naked?" Gwen asked surprised.

"No, but I could," I grinned, "now wait right here," I ran upstairs and put on a hoodie and tracks. As I changed I went through the plot of the Amazing Spider-man in my head.

Since canon was basically thrown out the window there was no point in trying to follow it anymore. And since...well, I have a basic idea about what's going to happen maybe I can prevent it.

I grabbed my 'backpack' and came running back down. By now Gwen looked like she had a moment to catch her breath, looking visibly calmer.

"Let's go," I called out, gaining her attention.