Chapter 7: T.G.I.F.

"YEAH!" Finn cried out, pumping a triumphant fist above his head as the ping-pong ball sunk into Poe's remaining red Solo cup of Keystone Light

The final round of beer pong had come down between Finn and Poe, each having one cup left on opposing sides of the 6-foot table after striking out the first nine. The showdown had dragged on for a good solid ten minutes, or so it seemed as Rey stood alongside Rose at the side of the table, ignoring the swell of bodies around them that had gathered to watch the intense match with eyes wide open. Just when it seemed there was going to be a victor the damn ball would skim right over the cup, bounce off the rim, or ricochet off the table to the rim and right on over the table's edge.

Now, finally, Finn had brought the prolonged suffering to an end.

"That was a fucking cheat!" Poe accused, having to raise his voice over the loud whoops and hollers from the surrounding bystanders that overshadowed the background music. "You were leaning!"

"Was not!" Finn affirmed, raising his voice back in defense. "At least not further than I was allowed to be."

Poe growled in annoyance, reaching for the cup that had declared him the official loser of the round and ridding the liquid content of the ball. "Yes, you did," he grumbled. "I call for a rematch."

"Just drink the damn cup, Dameron." Rose spoke out on behalf of Finn's defense, rolling her eyes. "I can vouch for Finn, he wasn't leaning. You're just a sore loser."

"Thank you, sweets." Finn replied, issuing Poe a goading grin. "See? The audience doesn't lie."

"Your girlfriend doesn't count."

"How about you quit being a pussy and just drink the damn beer?" Finn taunted. Snatching his cup from the table, he ambled to the other end to present Poe with the rest of the beer that he was expected to drink. "Here, you can enjoy mine while you're at it," he encouraged, slapping Poe's back with his free hand. "I'd hate to be a hog of all the good stuff."

Poe snorted wryly, which the small cluster of friends was able to hear as the larger crowd had tapered off since the excitement was over. "God, I hate this shit," he muttered with a grimace, gazing apprehensively into the cup that held the worst beverage produced by mankind.

"Is he always like this?" Rey asked, leaning over to Rose regarding Poe.

"Mmhmm," Rose hummed along with a humored look. "Yet he gets his buddies in college to buy the same garbage every time."

"You're supposed to buy the cheap shit for this game," Poe shot back, having taken a large gulp of beer seconds before. "There's no way I'm wasting perfectly good Bud Light on beer pong."

"It'd be a lot more bearable," Rose affirmed. "But if you're not going to do anything about it, then quit your bitching."

"What if a cup gets knocked over? That's a sad waste of the sacred nectar," Poe added prior to guzzling down the remaining content in his cup. Setting it aside on the table, he begrudgingly reached for the one that Finn had given him.