Chapter 18: L.O.V.E.

Rey stared at the sunlight filtering through the fabric of her bedroom curtains, eyes hooded and laden with sleep

Rey stared at the sunlight filtering through the fabric of her bedroom curtains, eyes hooded and laden with sleep. Without having to draw open the shades she guessed it to be near mid-morning, knowing the sun rose late in the early winter months. Since the day was the official start of Winter Break from school she was under no obligation to leave the comfort of her bed. At least, not right away.

She allowed herself a moment or two for her eyes to shed their sleep-driven haze and then shifted to her opposite side. Groaning she reached for the phone lying on her nightstand. She pressed the home button and saw a message from Ben, waiting for her on the screen.

- Ben Solo -
Good morning sleepy head
I can't wait to see your beautiful face

She smiled at the message. Chewing on her bottom lip, she rolled onto her back and typed her reply.

- Rey Kanata -
10ish isn't so bad :P 
I can't wait for later!

Waiting for his response she put the phone face down on her stomach, palming the remnants of sleep from her eyes and yawned. When the device buzzed a few moments later she immediately retrieved it again.

- Ben Solo -
Same
It's been years since I last went skating

Nodding she had the same thought. While she had never been ice skating before, she remembered owning a pair of rollerblades once during her early teenage years. Ben had mentioned that ice skating was basically the same thing, only the skates were used on ice instead of concrete. Considering herself a quick learner, and being somewhat experienced, she thought it wouldn't be too difficult of a concept to grasp.

- Rey Kanata -
$5 that I fall first

- Ben Solo -
I'll raise you another $15 

- Rey Kanata-
Done!! haha
OH btw my aunt will be here also
Try not to let her freak you out too much

And don't you freak out either, Kanata! She chided to herself.

As much as she wanted Maz to finally meet him it also made her nervous. Fingers crossed she hoped that her aunt wouldn't embarrass her like Maz was known to do at times. But she really wanted Maz to like him and be accepting of him, as Ben was obviously older. And having Maz's approval made her think it'd be easier to confess that Ben was really her teacher and not just some random guy who she'd fallen for at a ranch. That was only if he hadn't retired from teaching by the time she meant to confess the truth.

Unfortunately, that was still a very big if ...

- Ben Solo -
I've survived some pretty bad parent/teacher conferences in the past. No worries.
I'm sure your aunt isn't that bad
I just have to remember to contain myself ;)

- Rey Kanata-
I think that's safe to say for both of us

God, that statement was so painfully true!