Chapter 19: Sweet Surrender

Memories from the evening before came to her in slivers when Rey woke the next morning

Memories from the evening before came to her in slivers when Rey woke the next morning. Some were hazy, dreamlike almost, while the rest were quite vivid. Had it not been for the tender ache between her legs, and Ben holding her with her back to his naked chest, she would've believed it all to have been just a dream.

No, thank God, it hadn't been a dream but was instead her own perfect form of reality. A reality that seemed too good to be true.

She recalled what it was like seeing him for the first time completely bare, surprised yet not upon discovering how proportionate his body was in every way. She'd taken her time exploring him, eyes first then followed by hands and mouth. She learned what quickly made him climax and what kept him hanging by a thread, while he waited for her to have her release before giving in to his own.

She remembered how patient he'd been with her, assuring that he wanted her to be comfortable before they proceeded further. He made it so easy to ignore those initial butterfly jitters that appeared inside her belly. Like everything she had done with him, sex was unlike anything she'd ever experienced. Despite her having the normal aches and pains afterward, Rey was eager for more. 

But first, food was calling and she was starving !

Peering over her shoulder she saw that Ben was still asleep. Not wanting to wake him she carefully pried herself from his loose grip. She paused when he stirred just a little, eliciting a soft moan he rolled onto his stomach, arms sliding under his pillow. She watched him slip into a peaceful slumber again. Biting her bottom lip she stifled a laugh and discreetly left her warm place in the bed.

Foregoing her sweater, she pulled on the plaid shirt of his that was lying next to it on the carpet, fastening a few of its middle buttons to keep it clasped together and made her way toward the kitchen. She found an open box of blueberry Toaster Strudels in the freezer and located the toaster hidden in the lazy Susan, inserting a squared-shaped pastry into each slot for toasting. 

With a hand at her hip and the other on the countertop, she waited for the pastries to warm up from their frozen state, impatiently tapping her toes on the tile floor. After a few moments of hearing nothing more than the sound of her flesh rapping over the hard surface, a buzzing sound broke the silence in the apartment. Curiously she looked around and saw that it was coming from the island bar, finding the source of the noise was Ben's phone.

"Hux," she frowned, saying the name that appeared on the screen out loud.

The phone buzzed a few more times and then went silent. Blinking she saw it was one of several missed calls.

"What could you possibly want, Hugs," she scoffed, arms folded over her chest and staring pensively at the screen that was now blank.

She remembered Ben saying Hux would call him incessantly if matters were important enough. But if being late to chaperone a school dance was urgent in Hux's eyes, then perhaps it was nothing more than the principal being his usual, over dramatic self.