Chapter five: Lovely training

Since I was the new recruit I had to go through the basic training such as stances, posture, and power into a strike. I didn't mind because I knew it would all be worth it, in the end. I was in the training room working on my stances without my armor on, since knights are off duty today. I titled my rapier and sliced at the training dummy. I kept trying different stances to learn which gave me better power. I was so concentrated on my power and slices I didn't hear who walked in. "Amy dear, why are you training?" Asked my mother. I jumped at the sound of her light voice. "Well even if I have a knight I like to practice in my extra time." I said softly as I faced her.

"Well darling, princesses don't raise a hand to fight or even practice fighting." Proclaimed my mother. As we talked I heard footsteps come into the training hall, but I paid them little to no attention. "Mom that's the problem with princesses, they sit in their stupid towers letting innocent people and male warriors die for them! Most princesses are snotty and stuck up witches, and people can't stand them!" I yelled. My mother looked down and hurriedly scampered out of the room. I had my arms crossed. "If dad were still here I know he would take my side." I whispered to myself.

As I was deep in thought I felt a hand touch my shoulder, I jumped at the feeling and turned around. "Sonic please don't scare me like that." I said in my barely cheerful voice. Sonic had soft eyes. "Amy, is everything ok between you and your mom, if you don't mind me asking." Asked Sonic in a worried tone. I shook my head, "Don't worry silly, we just disagree on if I should handle a weapon." Sonic smiled and walked to the target. "Amy why are you practicing this positions and stances, this are the ones done by the new recruited knights." Asked Sonic as he touched the slice on the dummy.

I smiled, "Well Sonic I saw some of the new recruits doing them and though that if I couldn't be in the Roselynn force I could at least train like one." I said happily. Sonic shrugged, "I get where your coming from, so mind if I help you train?" I shook my head, "I don't mind at all, in fact I would love the help."

Sonic had me doing the basic steps but then he helped me do more advances steps. "Left, right, slice, right, left. No I messed up!" I said as I tried to start over. Sonic smiled at me. "Let me help you." Said Sonic as he walked over to me and held my waist from behind, he then put his hand over mine so he could help me hold my rapier. I was a dark red as he rested his chin on my shoulder. "It's like dancing, you move left and right, front step then back step." He said as he swayed my body with his. After awhile I closed my eyes and let out bodies sway together. "Amy, you ok?" Asked Sonic, breaking my fantasy.

"I-I'm fine, just daydreaming!" I said flustered. He smiled and let go of my waist, he grabbed my hand and made me drop my rapier. He spun me into his chest as he held me, he pulled me closer to him and we started to sway and waltz across the ground. I blushed and smiled up at him, he was an amazing dancer. I pulled away from Sonic and and he spun he gracefully, my dress fluttered out like a blooming flower. He brung me back into his arms and swayed with me.

I stared into his emerald green eyes and he stared back into mine, in his eyes I saw just what my mother said she saw in my father's. She saw a future full of happiness, I saw that in Sonic's eyes and I melted into his arms. As I thought about how wonderful Sonic was, my mother entered the room. We didn't know because we kept swaying, and smiling. "Sonic would you mind taking Amy here to the royal ball?" Asked my mother as she smiled at us.

Sonic and I jumped but smiled. "I'd love to, you princess?" Asked Sonic as he smiled at me. I nodded my head softly, he didn't even know how much I wanted to go with him. My mother giggled and left, Sonic and I looked and saw we were still holding each other. We pushed away and blushed, both trying really hard to hide our red faces.

"So I will see you later." Said Sonic as he smiled and walked out the door. I waved him out. "I can't believe Sonic and I are going to the ball." I whispered to myself as I blushed.