Chapter Twenty- one: Let me be your king

We all laughed at the names everyone was coming up with as Sonic held me from behind, he swayed me lightly and nipped my ear. I was purring sweetly as I blushed, it was nice to finally be able to say "I love you." But as I glanced over to the crumbling wall, I felt anger wash over me. Sonic could feel how tense I was and looked at me sweetly, "Amy what's wrong?"

"He planned it all." I growled lightly. It had finally hit me, why he came back, why he killed my mother, why he faked that scene in the prison, and why he told me to fall for Sonic. "What do you mean?" Pondered Greta. "He played us all, it was his plan to kill my mother and get thrown into jail so he could escape on her funeral!" I yelled, my angered voice echoing throughout the hall.

"How do you figure that princess Amy?" Asked Tails politely, I always loved how sweet he was. "Think about it, he came back on the preparation days of the ball. Then he faked being hurt by his goons, the job was supposed to be done there when they were supposed to kill my mother. My father would be the only surviver and fake his morn for her death, then he could assume completely control over the kingdom. But we found her before she died, so that ruined that plan." I explained moving from Sonic's arms and pacing a bit.

"Then he saw how we prepared for the alleged Black Knight to attack at the ball, so he used are first part of our plan against us. He killed the queen and revealed himself do he could upset Amy, after he let Amy beat him he let her thrown him into prison." Continued Tails. "He knew the funeral would be held immediately so he used the time we would all be out the castle, to let his goons set up the bombs!" Growled Sonic.

"Then after the wall went boom boom, he escaped. But I don't get why he would put the second part into action." I said pondering deeply. I looked over to Greta and saw she was looking straight ahead with an open mouth. "Greta, what's wrong?" I asked snapping her back into reality. She shook her head and looked at me with a scared face, a face that symbolized pure fear. "He did he so he could be king again." She whimpered.

"How could he possibly be king after what he did!?" Yelled Knuckles, still looking over the broken wall. "As stated in the code of Roselynn, if a king and or queen is widowed. The opposite and living ruler will gain complete control." Explained Greta as she closed her eyes. "Is there anyway to stop that?!" Asked Sonic in an upset manner. Greta thought heavily on it and nodded, seems she must have found a twist in the rules.

"This law can be bypassed if the royal blooded descendent gets married and takes the thrown." She said looking at me. I jumped a bit at the response, me.... marrying?!?!?! "But I I..." I shuttered. "Amy." Said Sonic turning me towards him. "Yes Sonikku." I purred lightly, still a bit shaken. "Let me be your king." He grinned. "Us marry!?" I yelped confused.

"I know it's really, really, really early, but let me be your king. Marry me." He said kneeling as he kissed my hand. "Ehhhhh?!!!!" I said blushing as I looked at him. It was all so soon, but I... I... I will do what's right for this kingdom. "Ok Sonikku, lets get married." I said blushing heavily, a smile on my face.