Chapter Ten: Preparing the ball and hints of fear

"If you ask me my father came in just in time, don't you think so?" I asked while carrying a box to the ballroom. "Yeah, I think that's awesome that he came in in time to see his daughter attend her first ball." Smiled Sonic as he started to hook streamers around the ballroom walls. "Lady Amy, are you sure you want to be working on the ballroom?" Asked Tails as he put up a banner with Knuckles. "Yeah, you must have better things to do?" Asked Knuckles. "No I'm sorry I don't, plus I love to decorate. Its not a hassle for me." I said as I unpacked a box full of crystal ornaments.

"Oh and my mom should be coming to create a beautiful center piece." I said in an adoring manner, I walked over to the table with a snowflake ornament and dropped it at the sight of my mother's face when she entered the ballroom. My mother had a bruise across her face and she was shaking, as soon as she walked in she collapsed onto the floor. "Mom!" I yelled running to her side, when I made it to her I noticed she had bruises all over her body.

"Mom what happened!?" I yelled as Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles ran to my mother's side. "The Black knight's helpers....." She said while coughing up a bit of blood. I brung her body closer to mine and I held it tightly, I wanted her to feel the warmth of my body. "Where did she go!?" Yelled a cracked voice. After the voice echoed throughout the hall a green hawk ran into the ball room, he was wielding a whip. After he ran a small minion that was completely black and soul like, he found my mother and pointed in her direction. "I thought we killed her!" Yelled the green hawk.

"No you didn't and you won't be able to Jet!" Yelled Sonic as he wielded his sword, Tails and Knuckles did also. "Look what we have here, the ignorant threesome!" Yelled Jet as he handed the minion the whip and drew his sword. Just before he could charge at them the black minion looked back and flew away. Jets sighed and put away his sword. "We will be back and we'll kill that lousy queen and her foolish daughter!" Yelled Jet as he ran off. I was utterly confused, we went from a nice nice ball prep to a violent death threat from two of the Black knight's underlings.

I looked at my mother's injured body and let some tears flow. "Please help me get her to the infirmary!" I cried as I looked back at Knuckles, Tails, and Sonic. The three of them nodded and Sonic picked up my mother bridal style and sped off toward the infirmary. "Come on Lady Amy, were going to go look around your mother's chamber." Said Knuckles as he started to walk off in the chamber's direction, Tails and I followed.

We walked into her chambers and saw shattered glass with my father on the ground, he was bruised up too but he was ok. "Dad!!" I yelled as I ran to him, he heard my voice and twitched slightly. "Amy." He said with a look of concern. "Dad, what happened in here?" I asked as I looked around. "Those two helpers of the dark knight came in and attacked us, is your mother ok?" He asked as fear consumed his eyes. I nodded and held his hand tightly, his usually soft and pinkish skin was bruised and a swelling red.

"I'm so sorry this happened." Said Tails as he bowed at my father's presence, Knuckles did as well. I helped my father sit up so he could see them, he shook his head modestly. "Don't fret my young knights, this was a mere attack. At least none of the citizens were harmed in any of this violent attack." Said my father as he held is stomach. Tails and Knuckles stopped bowing and stood up to look at the shattered stained glass, as they did I held a fragment of the glass. This had been where my mother was standing when she was holding Excalibur, had the Dark knight seen her and my father and attacked?

"At this rate, we might have to cancel the ball." Said Knuckles with a sigh, it snapped me out of my daze. "No we can't, what we should do is use the ball as a trap for the Dark knight." I said with clenched fist. "That's a great idea, but now we need to plan it out." Said Tails with a smile. Sonic had told me all about how smart and well organizes Tails was, so I knew with his help.. this plan could work.