Chapter Thriteen: Two more days

"Just two more days!!" I squealed as I spun around the castle. I was glad to know that I would be the person that claimed Excalibur for my land. I spun into the kitchen to check up on the maids. "Amy, good morning to you." Smiled Greta. The other maids looked up and smiled at me, they waved and said good morning as well. "Greta, please don't tell me you've been in the kitchen all night." I said softly. She was hunched over on the black chrome counter, her golden hair was a mess.

"I'm afraid so Amy, preparing for a ball with everyone coming from the village... it's hard work." Sighed Greta as she attempted to stand, but failed and leaned back on the counter. "Your all working too hard, what do you have left to do?" I asked as I looked around the kitchen. "Dessert." Said Greta softly. "Easy easy!!!! I can do it, now all of you go home and rest." I proclaimed proudly. Greta was about to protest until the maids nodded and limped their way out, Greta sighed and followed after them.

I knew that I wanted to make a chocolate pudding cake and a vanilla swirl cookie tower, I've always loved those to desserts at parties and gatherings I've been to. Only thing is, they aren't easy to make... but for Greta I would do anything. I walked over and pulled out the needed materials, then I grabbed an apron from the racks. After I swiftly wrapped the apron around my body I washed my hands and got to work, this wasn't going to be an easy task.

I began putting cake mix and pudding into a bowl together as I mixed them in and made layers for the cake. I was working for hours and and hours, after five hours I had just finished making the chocolate pudding cake. "No wonder chefs don't make these much anymore." I sighed to myself. I began to work on the vanilla swirl cookies until Sonic and Tails walked in. "Whoa Amy, how long have you been here cooking?" Asked Sonic in a concerned voice. "Around five or six hours, but I still have to do the vanilla swirl cookies.... so please don't worry." I said in a cracked voice, my body was aching.

"Amy that's not really healthy for your body." Explained Tails as he walked towards the pudding cake, Sonic followed and looked at it as well. "No way, you made a pudding cake!" Yelled Sonic in joy. "Yep, it was one of my favorite desserts as a kid." I explained to him as I continued cooking. "Well you want some help, its a big job to make these fancy desserts without help." Asked Tails as he smiled up to me. "You would really help me, oh thanks so much!" I yelped in joy. "Anytime Ames, come on buddy. So what do we have to do?" Asked Sonic as he grabbed an apron and Tails did as well. They tied the aprons around their body's and washed their hands. "Well we need to make and shape the cookie dough." I said as I pulled out rolling pins and cookie cutters. "Sounds easy enough!" Smiled Tails. I nodded and handed them some dough so they could start, I started to flatten out my dough as well.

After we all flattened out our dough we started to choose which shapes to use for the cookies. "Imma do a star." I said playfully, I picked it up and started shaping it into a star. "Im going to do a strawberry shape." Laughed Tails. "You two can do that but...... I'm going to do a gender bread man." Smiled Sonic as he pressed the cookie into the cookie dough and shaped it. We were all laughing and smiling, taking about how we would shape our cookies and where we would place them. With Tails and Sonic's help it was a lot better, I was having fun and not as tired.

This was just another step in the big plans, I can't wait for this ball. It's going to change Roselynn forever, I stretched and smiled.