eight.

So at 5, the time Michael had told Ariella to be at Perkins, she was sat in a booth. Carter had left, and so Ariella was alone. She fiddled with her hands, constantly biting her lip, shooting her eyes in every direction. She had the butterflies in her stomach when she noticed the boy walk in. She duck her head, looking at the table and sighed a little, moving her feet in nerves.

Once Michael had spot her, he took a seat across from her in that booth and looked at her with a smile. She hadn't dared to look up yet, she was beginning to regret this.

"Hello." Michael said to her as he pushed the hair off his forehead.

"Hi." She said, louder then how she would of said it the other day, but quieter than she hoped.

The waitress already placed out two menus for when Ariella came in, so She was just staring at the food. She didn't really want anything- well- she did, but she didn't want to eat in front of Michael.

Michael, though, he couldn't stop smiling. He was just happy he can finally see her, hear her, talk to her, and just be around her. He wanted to break the unbearable silence but didn't know what to say.

"Can I get you some drinks?" Said the over excited waitress with a hand on her hip and a large smile.

Michael looked at Ariella, who was sinking in her seat and looking at her feet under the table, her hands reaching to cover her face.

"Uh, just a water?" He said, not even bothering to look at the waitress.

"And for you ma'am?"

Ariella was quiet though, she just pointed to the water and as well, didn't look at the waitress.

"Thank you..." The waitress said in the peppy tone and skipped off.

Ariella took a deep breath in.

"Are you okay?" Michael said, tilting his head to side a little and she nodded. It was a small nod, but it was a nod.

"Are you sure-"

"Yeah. fine." She said, actually in a normal tone. She nodded again and smiled.

"Okay, so what do you want to eat?" He said, looking over at her menu, which she did open, but only skimmed through it when silence broke between them.

"Erm, I haven't decided yet." She said, with again, a normal tone.

She was becoming a little better, and she sat upright in her seat, lowering her hands from her face, and to her lap. Michael noticed this, and he couldn't help but to feel a mix of proud and happy.

"You can get breakfast for dinner here, which is pretty awesome." He said and she gave a very weak grin.

"Pancakes are cool...But for dinner?"

"Have you ever tried breakfast for dinner." He said and she shook her head.

"Okay so that means you're getting pancakes and I'll get waffles because everyone needs to try breakfast for dinner." He said and she giggled a little as she tucked her hair behind her ear.

The waitress came around and placed both waters down. She pulled out her notepad and looked at Michael.

"Are you guys ready to order?" She said, and Michael nodded.

"She'll have the pancakes and I'll get the waffles."

The waitress jotted it down in her notepad, gave a firm nod and flashed a smile.

"Great! It'll be out soon!" She said, walking off.

Another silence broke in between them, and Michael leaned back, looking around. It was funny, really, because the both of them wanted to say many things, but neither of them actually had the courage to do so.

But, what no one realized, was that today Michael took away Ariella's mirrors. She had these mirrors that reflected someone she was not. It showed this image of a girl who was so weak and powerless, and over all, disgusting. She always stood in front of these mirrors, because Ariella was obsessed with the thought that she could change that reflection, when really, all she needed was someone to step in and show her that image in the reflection meant nothing to her.

__________

SHORTEST CHAPTER IN HUMAN HSITORY FORGIVE ME
okay so yay thank you for the reads ily all