chapter twelve

Ariella took the smallest, smallest breath after pulling away.

She twitched, rubbed her palms together and started to get up from the bench. Michael tilted his head a bit before grabbing her wrist gently and furrow his eyebrows in confusion.

"I'm so sorry." She mumbled, pulling her wrist back and lightly shaking her head.

She didn't know how to deal at all with this situation except to walk away. She hasn't had a friend in many years. This, was her first kiss, and she has yet to have a boyfriend. She didn't really have an appropriate response.

"No wait, please, I'm so sorry/" Michael sputtered out, though, he didn't need to be sorry.

It was just a simple kiss.

She called her brother, begging him to take her home. Michael insisted on driving her back, but she said it was okay and that Carter would be here in a matter of minutes anyways. 

"Please, please don't hate me." Michael said as he saw the familiar car that belonged to Carter starting to pull up.

"I'm not mad at you." She responded softly. "I'm mad at myself."

And with that, she waved a small goodbye, hopped into the passenger seat, and Michael watched as she drove away.

___

For the most part, the car ride was silent. Her head rested against the window, silently humming to herself. But of course, Carter turned the radio down at a red light and quickly glanced at his sad sister.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Nothing."

"Obviously something, Ariella."

She didn't say anything for a while after that, just watching the trees fastly go by. Carter rolled his eyes, letting a loud sigh escape his lips and ran a hand through his hair.

"C'mon Ariella." He said, on the line of speaking loudly and yelling.

"Nothing." She repeated and nodded.

"Don't bullshit me."

"I would never..." 

Carter huffed to himself, pulling into the driveway and resting his forehead on the stearing wheel. Ariella slipped out of the car and headed to her room, where she sat on her bed, and looked at the plain white ceiling.

It seemed like hours passed when Carter opened her door just a crack.

"I was just on the phone with Michael." He said, waving Ariella's phone that she had left in the cup holder of his car.

"He said he was sorry- wouldn't tell me what for- and that he wants to take you out tomorrow."

Ariella closed her eyes and shook her head.

"I don't really feel like-"

"Hope you have a fun day tomorrow." Carter said, and then, walked out of her room, shutting the door behind him.

____

wasssup kiddos haven't updated this one in like a year

oh and its supposed to be short because its not a step it's like in between and her reaction and michaels reaction and yeahim confusing

gif on le side is death of me you feel my michael girls

so doing a double update today because i feel like it have fun have sex with your fave byE