step two/ chapter eleven

first off i would like to apologize for not updating in a while. thank you if you are still interested in this book. i would also like to thank you all for getting this story to 2k reads.

thank you

_____

Step two- Liking herself

Michael decided that the best way to do this was having Ariella tell everything about herself.

So he arranged a few things, made two peanut butter sandwiches, and drove to Ariella's house. 

Carter watched as Michael took a step inside and waved hello, looked for Ariella, and lead her out to the car. Not only was he sort of surpirsed that he saw his sister walking out to Michael's car for the second time this weak, he was actually happy. As often as he told her he wanted her to make friends, he never really thought the day would happen.

Michael helped Ariella in the car and she felt sort of awkward. Ariella was still thinking about yesterday. She thought about her crying into Michael's chest and him telling her she was beautiful. Did it really mean anything? Or was he just trying to make her feel better? She was continuelessly telling herself that no one could possibly mean something like that to a girl like her.

"So, what's todays plans."

"Well, I made lunch- excuse if they are dry, you see I'm not a sandwich making expert- and we're gonna sit down, and just talk." Michael said as he started up the car, glancing over at Ariella.

"Talking sounds like fun." Ariella said and Michael grinnned a little, rolling his eyes.

"Sarcasm isn't attractive for cute girls, Ari." Michael paused for a moment and then quickly said "ella."

"Oh, no, it's fine. You can call me Ari." She stated and Michael felt as if she already was feeling more comfortable with him.

Michael drove out to some small park. He parked his car and went over to Ariella's side, opening the door for her and she slipped out, following Michael to the trunk.

Michael grabbed the small lunch box and lead Ariella over to this small little pinic table under a tree, he guestured his hand for her to take seat, she smiled a thank you, and sat down.

"So. Talk to me." Michael said as he unzipped the lunch box and handed Ariella her sandwhich, which she poked at, realizing there was only jelly in her "peanut butter and jelly" sandwich.

"I wasn't sure if you were, like, allergic." He confessed and she shook her head.

"I'm not, but I'll go ahead and give this peanut butterless penaut butter sandwich a try."

Before she got to take a bite, he switched their sandwiches and took a bite of the jelly sandwich. She raised an eyebrow and tilted her head a little.

"It'd be silly of me to let you eat something so..." he cringed a little as he continued chewing. "so disgusting, to say at the least."

She smiled a little and tucked the stray hairs behind her ears. 

"Anyways, talk." said michael, shaking his head as he put the unbelievably gross jelly sandwhich away.

"What do you want to know?" She asked, taking quite small bites.

"I want to know you."

"What about me."

"The you part of you."

"Michael."

He grinned and chuckled a bit. "Kidding."

She rolled her eyes, attempting to look seriously annoyed with this red haired kid. But she found the corners of her mouth forming into the smallest smile. She could never be annoyed or mad with Michael.

"Well, uhm, I guess I like to read and yeah."

"What's the and yeah?" He asked and she fiddled with the cuffs of her sweater.

"Simple stuff, you know, like reading, uh, tv..." Ariella said and Michael shook his head.

"What?"

"Ari, you make yourself sound so boring." Michael says and she sighs, taking another small bite of her food

"Uhm...okay. Well, I can play piano and violin?"

"And...?"

"I like to write..sometimes. I mean, it's sort of that thing that depends on how I feel."

Michael sighed and reached over to take Ariella's hand.

"You're not boring."

"Oh but you see, I am."

"I can assure you you're not."

"Am too."

"Are not."

Michael let go of her hand and shook his head.

"10 things about you. Right here. Right now."

Ariella widened her eyes a bit, quickly muttering a no.

Michael whined, and Ariella, after a long period of time of her listening to him complain and complain, said yes.

"I read. I write. I watch tv. I sit. I stare. I blink. My body digests food. I have two eyes. I breath. I walk." She clapped her hands once, showing that she was done.

"Ariella you're a weird person. I love that about you."

"I love you too." She said softly. She quickly regretted saying that and blushed completely. They shifted in their seats for what seemed to be a long time.

"Did we just technically in this odd kind of awkward and unintended way say I love you."

Ariella shurgged and bit her bottom lip, not knowing what to add.

And then, at that moment, Ariella found herself thinking good things about her future. She used to think that she was going to be found dead within the next few weeks, but now, she felt like she was gonna be found hanging around this odd colored hair kid who made her feel like she was wonderful.

"Well. I do." Ariella mumbled under her breath. Michael didn't know if he was supposed to hear that, but he did. There was a few things he could do at this moment, but he decided to go with the most cliché one.

He cupper her chin,

And he kissed her.