5: Awaken Memories

Taehyung's POV

"Oh shoot, I'm sorry I didn't see you" I say as I hold a slender figure in my arms.

I look into her eyes, it was like nothing is their to behold. And endless depth of black, sorrow and pain. Lifeless. But I could see a small sparks trying to fight through the depth.

I help her stand up as she tries to wiggle in my arms.

My first instinct was to make her smile, I feel a growing need to see a smile on that face.

"Well I could say you fell for me." I smile hoping to see the same reaction on her face. But instead I find confusion and eagerness.

I take a while to grasp her delicate facial features. But when I come back to eyes I see them staring deep into me analysis my face.

I've seen many girls trying to seduce me but what she had within her was different.

I clear my throat to bring her attention back on focus.

Anxiety fills her as she lowers her head, apologizing. Is she saying sorry for staring at my face or falling down...

"I haven't seen you before. New student?" My mind unvolunterly voices out my curiosity.

"Yes" she says with her head looking down. She takes a step away leaving a small 'Thank you' with me.

I grab her hand rather very gently. What is happening to me...

"Are you skipping classes already?" I laugh to hide my nervousness and also how similar we are already. If Namjoon finds I'm skipping again, he's gonna be pissed.

"I'm lost" she finishes her answer short. She reminds me of a lost deer. Shy and demure.

I feel a smile creep up my face, "Do you want some help?" More time to spend with the lost deer.

She nods her head accepting my help.

I walk past her shoving my hands in my pocket. I twist my neck a bit to watch her in my peripheral vision to see if she is following me.

"You're awfully quite" I say trying to break the suffocating silence. And what I get as reply is also the defening silence.

I stop at the terrace door and smile at her.

I don't know what made me want to show my secret place to her. Not even my closest friends have seen this place.

"Welcome to my place. Oh and before you could castigate me. Let me tell you that you've already lost thirty minutes of your class" I give a smile hoping it will prove me a safe guy. I want to win her trust. But why? I don't comprehend.

"And it also seemed like you needed some air. Let lose. You've got ten minutes before the next class" I give her a small nudge on her back while navigating her.

"But my attendance" I could sense her hesitate but a calm smiles spreads across her face.

"You could say you got lost, as a matter of fact you did" I turn my face not to creep her out. The wind brushes past my face touching me softly.

But a force pulls me towards her side, makes me want to observe her, her every move. She's looks peaceful closing her eyes.

Before I could stop I mouth I speak my mind "You look cute when you smile."

She turns towards my side a bit diagonal and gives a brighter smile. I feel flustered. Why is she making me feel all this?

"Jimin" she beams softly, so soft that it almost dissipates in the wind.

Before I could try to identify what she's telling, salt drops starts to brim on her beautiful but vacant black eyes.

"Hey, is anything wrong?" I get nervous whether she is regretting coming here with me.

She matches my steps but backwards until she is two steps from falling off the building.

I move faster to hold her whike I keep calling her. "Hey, you need to stop." I panic as I stretch one hand to hold her back ceasing her movement.

She kneels down, covering her ears and keeps saying "No No" he voice disappears even before it reaches her mouth.

Still confused I do what my instinct says, I pull her into my embrace, cradling her. Just as my elder sister used to do when I come home crying. She was my Mom, my everything.

Her breathing patterns changes as she pushes off me and slides on the concrete floor, scratching her knees. Her eyes hold so much sorrow that it could drown the indefinite depth of a blackhole.

She again moves backwards, but this time I know she's not in her conscience. She seems to be seeing something, probably a memory.

I shout, "You could have fallen from here to death!" hoping it will break her from her trance. She locks her eyes with mine for a second, her eyes hold the extremes of despondency and woe. My heart shatters.

She stand up, with her jelly like legs, with zero energy and starts running.

"Where are you going?" I'm scared.

I stand up and run following her after battle between me whether I should leave her alone or otherwise.

She runs faster than I think but her sobs keep ringing in my head. A sound which is a torpedo to my whole body.

My eyes continue to scan the place, searching for her.

I've lost her.

And somehow that feeling weighs my heart. Again.

***

There are certain melodies,
those very delicate,
beautiful notes
that awaken memories,
making them deeply endearing,

And unbearably wounding.