8: Intervened solitude

"Hey.." I am taken aback by a familiar voice. The terrace boy stands in front of me with his lunch bag in his hand. He looks scruffy and his brown locks fall concealing his broad forehead. He has a flimsy name tag I couldn’t read and is wearing the standard boy uniform of khaki pants and a button-up shirt with his sleeves cuffed around his elbows but nevertheless attractive.

"Can I sit here?"he asks wary pointing the space on the stone bench near me.

"Yes?" I whisper as my brain decides to remind me how our last meeting ended. He probably thinks I'm nuts.

I looked down again hoping he’d take the hint. I hadn’t chosen to sit at the secluded part of the campus because I felt like socializing.

"You look stressed. An ice cream could help.."

A smile spreads across my face seeing him extend his hand with a cup which I missed to notice before.

He takes that little smile as an invitation to continue. He runs his hand through his rich brown hair which looks like molten copper under the sun

"I've heard this quote which goes, " Ice cream is the perfect buffer, because you can do things in a somewhat lighthearted way. Plus, people have an emotional response to ice cream; it's more than just food. So I think when you combine caring, and eating wonderful food, it's a very powerful""

His silly grin suggests that he's had experience before and I am charmed by the way he bashfully tucks a hand inside his pocket.

I don't want to hurt his feeling and I know he meant no harm. A smile spreads across my face when I realized how he cared about a total stranger who was lost without her uttering a single word. I am still not ready to trust anyone that easily but he changes that feeling which I wonder why.

If it was not him I would have resorted to the rudest move I had and simply walk away.

"I never got your name" he shifts his body and shows me his boxy smile, boring his luscious brown eyes into my deep black ones.

"Y/n" I say as a smile unconsciously spreads across my face. I'm sure there's something about him.

Befriending people was not my thing. I am the 'kind to all, friends with some, trusts a few' type. I only speak to a few close ones and I am never a person to start a conversation.

"I'm Kim Taeh-" his introduction is interrupted by someone calling out his untold name.

"Yah! Taehyung-ah!"

"Namjoon hyung!"he chortles. His whole aura shouts 'friendly' in volumes. Standing up, he greets the older one with a bro hug.

"Mrs. Choi is again complaining on you missing classes" he scolds but a teasing smile never leaves his face as he shakes his head. Which gives me the hint that they are quite close.

A proportionally perfect forehead with fleek eyebrows. Gorgeous back eyes which makes him look childlike but also holds the caution of sexyness. Cute dimples adorn the senior's face which pops up every time he smiles. He looks like art.

Two dark eyes shift towards me making me squirm in discomfort. I put my head down again and I try focus on the printed array of words on the book to avoid their stares.

"Are you Y/n?" the senior speaks making me jerk my head up in surprise.

How does he know my name?

"Yea." I say as I try to be brave and I make eye contact.

"I heard you got lost on your very first day? Did you not get the map?" he asks but he also looks at Taehyung indirectly directing the question to him to know his hand behind my act of going astray.

"I d-did." I stutter as I shift my eyes from those strong dark ones to Taehyung's hoping he will some how show me a way to get out of this topic.

"Don't you worry. The teacher's and I have decided to provide you with a guide till you familiarise with the school. Henceforth you will have a person to guide you and help you." he smile as he lessens the space between us. He looks at Taehyung who raises a questioning brow.

"You've got a pair of beautiful eyes..." he say staring deep into my soul,and has probably seen the darkness that I've tried to hide for all these years. His expression alters but he hides it. Too late I saw it.

"And by the way, I'm Kim Namjoon." He straightens his back and extends a hand to me for a shake.

I hesitantly take it with an 'I'm antisocial but still a kind soul' smile.

His face breaks into a boyish grin making him look way younger for his age which reminds me of....

"Ahem" someone clears their throat breaking me from my soon to occur trance.

I look up to only get lost in a pair of orbs which represent the depth and the mystery of the unexplainable galaxy.

The only thought running in my mind after encountering so many of them is...

Ubiquitous handsome boys.

***

Loneliness expresses the pain of being alone and solitude expresses the glory of being alone.