Unconditional love

My clothes were wet. I could feel my heart pounding. it was beating out of my chest. I buried my face in Kian's shoulder, as I did he kissed my forehead.

The others arrived in clean dry clothes.

"Hey Iris why did you move to Cali?" Trevor asked.

"To add more photographs to my portfolio - plus I've always admired California's natural beauty." I said.

" Wait so you're a photographer - I thought you were or a model of something!" said Sam.

"Why?" I giggled.

"You just hold yourself so confidently - I don't really know why if I'm honest." said Sam.

"You should help me film a video sometime." Kian said. In any other situation this would have sounded like he was asking me to film porn but he was asking me to help him film something for his channel.

" Of course babe!" I giggled.

It was getting late and i began to start feeling the cold. Kian invited me to stay over. The truth is I hated my house - it was empty and lonesome, cold and lifeless.

I grabbed my makeup bag and my diabetes kit and wakes over to their house. It was really beautifully decorated and well kept.

Kian made us coffee and lead me up to his room.

His room was modern and a plain interior. He had his filming set up and some dirty laundry stacked in a corner. "Sorry for the mess!" he chuckled.

He went into his wardrobe and pulled out a baggy blue iron man T-shirt. I took my wet clothes of and placed them on the floor.

Kian looked and my thighs and stomach. He walked over and ran his fingers over my scars. He pulled me close. I was trying to hold back tears.

Nobody had seen my scars.

I would cut myself in hope that doing so would make everything that was wrong better. Which it never did. Cutting myself became an addiction. My thighs were buried in bruises and scars my stomach the same.

"Whatever has happened in the past is the past, your here now in the present with me. Whatever is making you do this you can tell me and we can share this burden together."

I stood on my tiptoes, I whispered into Kian's ears. "You're my protector, my guardian angel whom I love. You are the beam of light at the end of a dark tunnel. You are my hope."

He kissed me, my body was trembling. He pulled the T-shirt over my head and kissed me.

I thought I could lighten the mood by making him laugh. I decided to run and jump on his bed. When I did this I slammed my head on the wall. "Fuck!" I screamed.

"I hope your using condoms!' yelled Ricky from downstairs.

Kian and I burst into laughter.

He took his wet clothes of and cuddled me on his bed, under the duvet. He reached over to his laptop and played some soothing music in the background. He kissed me goodnight, and ran his fingers through my hair.

I rested my head on the pillow and breathed in his scent.

Kian lay still like and infant, heavily breathing. His chest rising up and down. He was so peaceful.