Chapter 6: Missing and Mourning

Laura's P.O.V

I didn't want them to fight, so I kind of woke up Ross. I was only trying to help, not make things worse. Now Ally ran away and we are ALL looking for her but we can't find her. We can't find Ally anywhere, ANYWHERE and it's ALL my fault.

*flashback*

"DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE PUT YOUR HANDS ON EITHER OF THEM" Ross had finally arrived, in time. And by the looks of it, he was really angry. "Ross" gasped Ally, "What are you doing here?" Ross smiled at Ally,

  "Laura over here told me that she needed my help so I came as fast as I could." While Ally smiled at Ross, Austin and I were glaring at them. "Why do YOU care for them?! You just came YESTERDAY!!!" 

   Austin threw an accusing look at Ross, then at me. "Oh I FORGOT my best friend since 1976 is the one who brought you HERE!"  He then punched Ross in the gut. I yelped and something snapped.

   "Leave him alone Austin." Austin was gone, this wasn't the Austin I knew. "Wow Laura are you really going to defend a puny little human?!" I frown, this isn't really Austin. "Why do you even care if I do! You don't even remember our promise!"

Austin or at least I THINK it's him says, "I remember our promise! It was to stay friends forever." Wow that's the evidence to prove I needed to confirm my doubt. Now I needed to play along to see who it REALLY is.

   "Yeah that was it. Austin why don't you like humans?" The Austin's double smirks, "Because it's against the rules of life. We are dead they are living. Besides if we like a human in any way we are the ones to suffer because they don't see us and then they get married and have two kids!!!"

  Bullseye, it's that old dude.  Now you figured out who I am. Big deal, they think it's Austin."What the..."

If we are going to have a conversation then let's go to my office were someone else is waiting.Whoa!  Stop don't...

"Ally don't listen to me for a while!" Ally was still cowering, but she was still trying to help. "A...Austin... please tell us what's wrong. Maybe we can help you..." Austin was fighting for dominance.

"You CAN'T!!!! Ally don't you see, I need to go before I hurt you even more. I care for you, so please just let me go." In response she stood up and shook her head.

"No Austin, I can't let you go. You've been with me my whole life! You are everything someone could ask for. You're my friend! I will NEVER let you go, can't YOU see Austin, you are etched into my mind, my heart! I can't and I won't let you go!"

Everyone stared at her, but Austin fainted. "AUSTIN" yelped Ally. She ran and dropped to the floor with him. Suddenly I felt weird and dizzy. Then all went black. The last thing I hear is, "LAURA." It was Ross.

ROSS'S P.O.V

Well that went well. Austin had fallen on the floor. Ally yelped, "AUSTIN" She ran towards him. This is weird."What the...?" 

Suddenly Laura dropped to the ground without a sound. "LAURA." Ally was worried but didn't say a word. "Laura wake up. Laura?" Oh no, I can't let her die.

"Ross. She isn't dead. She's just um... kind of asleep. Well she and Austin fainted but..." Fainted! " What do you mean fainted?! Ally laughed a little,

"Austin said that when ghosts faint it means they are in another dimension." Oh well, that's weird. "So how did this all begin?" Ally sighed deeply and told me what had happened.

"Now we're here." Wow, this all began because Ally was jealous. "I can't believe you were jealous." She laughed, "I wasn't jealous, I was just not comfortable with her in my bedroom in the middle of the night talking with Austin."