Chapter 7: Running

Ally's P.O.V

Running. That's what I'm doing. Leaving behind my friends, my family, Laura, Ross, and Austin. The reason for running is... I really don't know.

I just know that Austin doesn't really care about me, Laura doesn't know me, and Ross cares about Laura, he might even be in love with her. I can't be with any of them, I just won't fit in, I never did. And I never will.

Except, I feel like I did actually fit in with Austin. You are wrong. You NEVER fit in with him. Suddenly I think about Trish, Dez, and Elliot. They are my real friends and I do fit in with them. That's right Ally you fit in with humans, go to them.

So I followed what that voice said. I went to Trish's house and knocked. At first there was no answer so I knocked again. This time someone had mumbled, "Who is it?" I hesitated to answer but I finally did it.

"Trish it's me Ally." I heard movement around the house. "Ally what are you doing here!!!! It's freaking 5 a.m.!!! This is too early!! Even for you!" I just shrugged, then the voice appeared again.

Ally, maybe you should go. Leave all your friends, you'll make other friends. This one seems to be uncertain. "I just wanted to let you know that um I'm going to be with my parents. Maybe it's for the best. Besides I need to see Dallas again."

Trish gave me another weird look, but nodded her head. "I guess you're leaving today." I nod my head. "I guess I'll see you later?" I just stare at her.

Because the voice in my head had whispered, I don't think so.

Austin's P.O.V

I can't believe that he has Ally. I should have left when I had the chance. I mean yeah I would have broken my heart, (maybe I would've broken her heart too.) but at least she would still be safe.

"AUSTIN!!! Stop blaming yourself. It's not your fault, okay. Besides you weren't here to help her." Laura is right. I wasn't there to help her. But someone else was. "You're right Laur, it isn't my fault."

Laura sighed happily, "Thank goodness you don't think it's your fault because then..." I shake my head. "It's all your fault!!!" I turn towards Ross and grip his collar.

"You were there with Ally, you could have saved her!!!! Instead you were probably daydreaming about her or Laura!!!!!!" Laura blushed (I mean it looked like she was blushing), but then frowned and glared at me.

"Austin, it is NO ONES FAULT!!! Let him go!!!" I just stood there surprised that Laura would defend him. "But Laura, he was there when he took her!!!!!"

Laura just paced back and forth. She was probably thinking about what to say again. "But Austin, it isn't his fault!! He was here, but he isn't powerful! Sure he has powers, but..."

I see Ross's eyes bulge out and Laura immediately closed her mouth. "Wait what kind of powers?" Ross starts to shake his head, so I decide to scare him a bit.

I start floating around with him. "So are you going to tell me?" Ross looked terrified and Laura just glared at me. "Let him go Austin!!!! Please, you're going to hurt him and if you do then that would make Ally angry."

I just scoffed at her. "Will Ally be mad or will you?" and that was the last straw. Laura charged at me and tried to get Ross from me. "Okay!!! I'll tell you my powers but stop fighting with Laura." I looked at him and threw him at a sofa.

"AUSTIN why would you... ugh!!!! Ross are you okay?" Shrieked Laura. In response Ross gave her a lopsided smile. "I'm okay." The two of them seemed to be in their own little world, which reminded me of me and Ally. Ally. You promised her when she was younger that you would protect her and you failed. I have to find her.