Sweet

"Izu-kun! Izu-kun! Do you want to come over after school?" you asked the green-haired boy in your kindergarten class. It was lunchtime, so you could talk with your friends. 

"Sure, I'll have to call my mom though!" he replied after he finished chewing.

"Alright!" you smiled. You bit into an orange slice. It was sweet rather than citrusy. "Hey! Try this orange! It's really good!" you shoved it in his face excitedly.

"O-oh! Okay!" He took it and ate it. Immediately he smiled. "Wow!"

You smiled at the memory. You and Izuku used to be best friends, although you two had grown apart a little over the year. With Katsuki bullying him, he'd isolated himself quite a bit. You'd even stopped walking to school together every morning due to him skipping school to avoid the torment. You suddenly got angry, putting in both your earbuds to calm down and crossing the busy street. 

'Pull them out and, and, and, and wash em off, the memories,

tear them out and, and, and, and make up for forgotten years—'

God, what am I, an anime protagonist? Bye-bye, song that's relevant to my situation! 

You turned off the music and walked into the middle school. Thank god it was the last day. You were applying for U.A. High School and you were confident you'd get in. You didn't have a powerful quirk, but you had very good grades and were very book smart.

"L/n-san! You're late!" Your homeroom teacher said as you walked into the room, snapping you out of your thoughts. "You looked pretty lost there, what were you thinking about?" he chuckled.

You let out a small bit of dry laughter. "Nothing, Sensei. Sorry I was late." you bowed and quickly went to your seat. You scanned the room for your messy-haired friend. He was here today! Thank god. "Izu-kun! Do you want to eat with me at lunch?" 

"Huh? O-oh... yeah s-sure, sure!" he smiled a little. You smiled back, sitting down in the back of the class. The teacher started talking about how it was the last day of middle school for us and there's be an assembly in the afternoon to hold a graduation. 

"You may use your phones to text or call your parents and tell them. They may come to watch you graduate if they'd like." Sensei stated. "You may go to your lockers and get them."  Everyone got up out of their desks and went to their locker to grab their phones except for you. You stayed at your desk, looking bitterly at the little anime doodles in the top left corner. 

"L/n-san, do you not have a phone? You may borrow mine if you'd like." Sensei sounded concerned. You shook your head.

"It's alright, Sensei. My parents like to plan things. They won't come since I forgot to tell them about the graduation until today." You smiled a little and nodded once.

"Ah, alright." Sensei nodded back, ending the conversation. Bakugou was the first back into the room, his friends following him, then the rest of the class gradually filing into their desks.

At lunch, you sat with Izuku as planned. 

"Wanna hang out after school today, Izu-kun?"

"Why are you suddenly calling me Izu-kun again like we're best friends? We haven't talked to each other in a while..." he said nervously. You felt a pang of hurt.

"Ah...I don't know...just...feeling nostalgic I guess. Sorry." you frowned, taking a bite of your rice ball. Izuku didn't answer. You both ate in awkward silence. When you finished, you got up and left without saying goodbye. You passed Bakugou and his gang laughing and whispering to each other but brushed it off.

"Hey Y/n-chan! Nice ass!" one of them shouted. You flushed red in the face and flipped them off without looking behind you. Just then, Sensei walked out into the schoolyard.

"L/n-san! Come here. Now!" 

Oh shit. He looks absolutely pissed. You put your hand down and walk over to him, forcing your expression to be neutral. 

"Yes, Sensei?"

"That is not appropriate behavior, but since it's the last day of school, I'll let it slide. Get inside." 

"Yes, Sensei." you quickly bowed and walked into the school building.

    -timeskip. you ready to graduate?-

You walked up onto the stage, standing to the left-center, looking out over the crowd of people. Thank god we don't have to give a speech. You gulped out of fear, just imagining it. Sensei gave a speech for all of us instead and wished us all good luck with whichever career we so chose.

ALRIGHT! FIRST CHAPTER. Was it too long? Have constructive criticism? Let me know in the comments! Play nice~