6 Years Later

You had gotten into U.A.'s business course on recommendation from a friend of a member of your parents' accounting firm. Once graduated, you immediately were hired to work as an accountant. It was boring and you'd rather be doing any other job, but it paid well and it was easy. You didn't even have to interview for the job. Your parents were the CEO and vice-CEO, after all. Walking into the doors of the tall building, you sighed and took out your earbuds, putting them in your purse. You greeted the first-floor receptionist and stepped into an elevator. You pressed the button for the ninth floor. You grabbed onto the railing, waiting for the jolt of the elevator going up. Your coworker, Kaito Watanabe, ran into the elevator just before the doors closed. You were mildly annoyed. Watanabe-san talks too much. Oh boy, here we go.

"Hey, y/n-san! Guess what? I got a raise last week. Did you? I heard Sato-san and Nakamura-san got raises as well." He brushed his shaggy brown hair out of his face and pushed up his glasses. Annoying.

"Oh? How much? Couldn't be that much or you'd be moved to the next floor." You tried to sound interested.

"Ah, not much, only 1,000 more yen an hour. I've gotten more of a raise before."

"Ah, ah. Nice, nice." Annoying...hurry up, elevator.

"Yeah, well, you see, I was hoping it'd be more! Do you think you could talk to your parents about it? I know they run the company." Great.

"No, sorry." you tried to smile, but it came out as more of a grimace. The elevator doors opened.

"Hey, look over there! Nakano-san is wearing bright pink! Isn't that against the company dress code? We're only supposed to wear neutrals, you know." you pointed in a random direction.

"Where?" Watanabe-san looked.

"By the front desk. Go talk to her!" he practically ran out foaming at the mouth, and you quickly pressed the 'close door' button, then the button to go to the 8th floor. Finally, you were alone. You hated people. Small talk is boring and irrelevant. I hate that Watanabe guy. After a couple of minutes, the doors opened.

You stepped out onto the floor you work on and clocked in at the front desk.

"Good morning, (y/n)-san!" the receptionist said cheerfully.

"Morning." you barely gave her a second glance as you walked to your desk. You checked your schedule. "I have three meetings today? They know I hate doing those...damn..." you muttered to yourself. "...and a conference with another firm? Are we...buying them?" you furrowed your brows in confusion.

"(y/n)." you heard a voice from behind you, making you jump and turn around.

"Oh, father...hi—"

"Today we're having a conference with a representative from a very important firm. They specialize in helping entrepreneurs with useful quirks start and maintain businesses. While this representative may not be the CEO, he's still important, not only because his parents are the owners of Yamamoto Accounting, but because you're arranged to marry him. Your mother and I believe that by joining our two firms, the combined result could possibly be the most powerful building of accountants in Japan."

"What?!"

This is terrible. What if this guy is a massive douche?

"You...you can't...you wouldn't..."

you felt tears well up in your eyes. It's not like you could leave. Your parents would find you...it's not like you could talk back to them either...they could cut your pay, they could fire you...they made sure they were my life...

"Don't cry. You have a meeting in half an hour. Go make yourself look presentable." your father sounded pissed. Your reaction was obviously something he did not like. You nodded slightly and scurried off to the one-person bathroom.

"Why...why...why...it's not like I have anything to offer..." you stood there and cried your eyes out. "he wouldn't treat me well...this is just for the two firms..." you sniffled once, twice, three times, and you were okay. "This is for the two firms. Deal with it (y/n)." You look at your watch. Five minutes until your first meeting. You head out of the small bathroom and stand by the conference door, waiting for your client.

Two boring meetings later and it's time to meet your future husband. It was an hour before the firm closed, so normally you'd be tired, but when you're this nervous you don't have time to be tired. You step inside the conference room and he's sitting there waiting for you. "Oh...hello..." you're caught off guard.

"Hi. You're (f/n)(l/n), right? I'm Reo Yamamoto, representative of Yamamoto accounting."

"Yes, yes, call me (f/n)." you waved your hand dismissively. "no need for formalities, right?"

"Right, right. So your parents have told you."

"Just today, actually..."

"Wow, really? I was told a month ago."

"This has been planned for at least a month?!" your eyebrows were probably touching the ceiling at this point. You sat down across from him.

"Yes, yes it was. Probably even before that." he leaned across the table. "Who are we to judge? Our parents have good reason to do this."

"Right..." you nodded. This won't work out well.

"Besides, maybe we'll grow to like...or even...love each other."

You nodded again. All the red lights and warning sirens were flashing in your head, but you pushed them away, brushing them off as just being nervous about having an arranged marraige.

You needed to trust this guy because this is a new chapter of your life and you'll be spending it with him.