I Can't Come Into Work. Ever.

It was six in the morning, so someone had to be at the office right now. Usually, you don't come in until seven, but the receptionists get there early to file paperwork and take early calls.

"Hello, (l/n) Accounting Firm, how can I help you?" the cheerful receptionist greeted you on the other end of the line.

"Uh, hi. My name's (f/n) (l/n), from floor 8? I can't come into work today, I'm sick..."

"Alright! I'll file you in and tell your boss!"

"...thanks." a shiver ran through you. Your parents were your boss, and not just because they were your parents. You worked on the highest floor you could work on. You literally worked for them.

"No proble—" you hung up, already making plans with yourself to not got to work ever again...

"No problem!"  You mocked the receptionist's cheerful voice. Today was not a day to be cheerful. At least not for you.

There was a knock at the door, making you jump. You took note of the fact that your ankle didn't hurt anymore and tiptoed over to look through the peephole. It was your landlord.

"Rent's late, (y/n). Interest rates apply, remember?!" he knocked on your door again. You put the chain lock on and slowly opened the door. 

"How much do I owe you?" you peeked at him from behind the door.

"One grand. Rent was due a week ago so it's doubled in price." he smirked eyeing you up and down.

"Hold on a second." you shut the door and walked across the living room to the bookshelf. You pulled out a couple books, sighed, and got $1'000 out of the fake book. You put the books back and walked over to the door. You opened it, set the thousand in his hand, and slammed the door in his face. 

"I just can't get a break, can I Benji?" you whined and pulled the giant stuffed tiger on the couch toward you. You hugged it. "You always make me feel better." You turned on the news. 

"15 dead in a plane crash."

Next.

"Puppies!"

"Awww!"

"Up next, the shocking disappearance of Reo"  No. "Yamamoto," Please no. "heir of  Yamamoto Accounting." 

"Dammit!"

"He was last seen at this establishment." A picture of the bar you went to showed onscreen. "Nobody has seen him since. Please, if anyone has any idea as to where he might be, call the police and tell them. Hopefully, we can find him soon."

You clicked the TV off and buried your face into Benji, crying a little. 

"It's not like I'm upset because he probably died...I'm glad he died...wait, no, I mean—" you sighed. "I don't know..." you got up and drank the glass of water you left on the counter. It's not like you remembered much about last night. All you remembered was what he did to you...and...Izuku. Izuku carried you up all the stairs to your apartment. A blush crept onto your face.

He's so strong! 

You spent the entire rest of the day wandering around your apartment and crying. Around noon you took a nap because you had a headache from dehydration. When you woke up it was somehow worse. You chugged water like crazy. For supper, you had a small bag of chips and more water.

You went to bed in your clothes. You woke up in the middle of the night to footsteps in the living room but brushed it off as being paranoid. The next morning you called in sick to work again after having another nightmare. That day was also spent laying around and feeling terrible.

The next day, you got dressed and forced yourself to go out for lunch. There was little to nothing left in your pantry, so you decided you'd go grocery shopping while you were out.

You decided you'd just go to a fast food place instead of a restaurant.

"Welcome to McDonald's, how may I help you?"

"Could I have a large fry and an oreo mcflurry?"

"Coming right up! Here's your receipt!"

You took it and sat at a table, keeping an eye on your bike.

"Number 667!" Not me.

"Number 613!" Not me.

"Number 655!" Bingo, baby!

You walked up, took your order, and walked out the door. You put the mcflurry in the cup holder and hopped on the bicycle. You pedaled off, steering with one hand and shoving fries in your face with the other. 

You'd finished your food by the time you got to the store. You were a quick shopper. You didn't like to stand around and look at things. 

"Hey (y/n), wait up!" Midoriya quickly walked towards you. "What's up? How are you?"

"Oh not much, I'm out of food so I suppose I'm obligated to go shopping. And...I don't know. As fine as I can be I guess?"

"That's good. What are you here for?" You both looked down at your lists at the same time."

"Eggs, noodles, butter...bread, candy, sweets...I have to stock up on food because I'm never going back to work again, although I'm sure my parents have already found my apartment and have sent an escort to bring me to them so they can have a 'talk' with me." you gasped for air having said all that in one breath.

"Wow. They really haven't changed!" 

"Yeah, unfortunately..."

"Well I don't think my roommates would appreciate you staying with us for a while, but i could give you a ride back to your apartment if you'd like? We have a car!" he smiled.

"Yeah, I'd like that. Thank you. I'm basically done shopping. I just have one more thing," you grabbed a milk carton off the shelf. "Which is this!" Midoriya looked at his list again.

"I just have to get 'the biggest tub of ice cream you can find' for my roommates. That's about it." you both walked across the aisle to the ice cream section.

"I feel like the ice cream is calling my name...look away, look away...! I just had a mcflurry I don't need more ice cream...!" you dramatically turned away from the freezers for a second. "Ah, what the hell, I can have more than one a day. Pfft." you grabbed the smallest container of cookies and cream and put it in your basket. Izuku laughed, making you blush a little.

"That was fast. You've always loved your food, (y/n)!" 

Not always...

...shut up, stop thinking about your mistakes.

"Can you blame me? Food is great!" you laughed along with him.  You walked to the checkout with him and after you'd both paid you walked out to the parking lot.

"Which one is yours? Do you think it could fit my bike in it?"

"Yeah, definitely. It looks small but the inside seems huge."

"Okay, cool! Thanks again Izu-kun!" you walked over and got your bike, mentally cursing yourself for calling him his childhood nickname. Meanwhile, he had gotten the car and pulled up next to the bike rack. It was a silver grey car with tinted windows. Izuku was right, it did look pretty small from the outside. He helped you load the bike into the backseat and you hopped in the front passenger side.