Stairs Suck

You and Izuku had made it to the front of your apartment building, but you still had a few flights of stairs to tackle. That was one of the downsides to living in a cheap apartment building. There was no elevator.

"Do you want me to carry you or do you think you can kind of walk?"

"Midoriya, you're so skinny there's no way you'd be able to pick me up—" he could indeed pick you up.

He's gotten super strong over the years...!

"You sure about that?" he laughed. Oh, that laugh. Still as pure and child-like as when you were kids. Such a sweet laugh. Fluffy like cotton candy, refreshing like ice cream cones on a hot day. You needed to hear him laugh right now. You couldn't help but smile when you heard it.

"Ah, my shoes are falling off, gimme a sec." you contorted your body in his arms to get your heels off your feet. "There. Onward, noble steed!"

"Anything you say my fair princess." he smiled and started up the stairs. "Which floor did you say it was on?"

"Number 4...sorry." you smiled sheepishly.

Several flights of stairs later, Izuku set you down in front of your door as you got your keys out of your purse.

"Apartment 313. Home sweet home. Do you want to come inside for a bit? You need some water after all those stairs." you unlocked the door and limped inside.

"Oh, yeah sure..." he stepped inside after you, closing the door. You got your jug of water from the fridge and poured some for yourself and him.

"The fridge is pretty cold, so the water is too. Drink up!"

"Why do you have it in a jug? Is something wrong with the tap water?"

"Oh, it's just really dirty and I don't trust drinking it. For some reason, it's just that sink though. Everything else is fine. I don't know, it's just easier to buy a jug of water I guess!"

"Huh, that's valid I guess..." you both stood there drinking your water. It felt like hours, you didn't know what to say to him and it was very awkward. "Well, I better go. I've got to take care of something. It was nice seeing you again, (y/n)-chan."

"Alright, bye." you nodded as he walked out the door. You didn't have a great feeling about being alone right now.

No. You're being paranoid. You have to at least try to go to bed. You have work tomorrow.

Your small apartment seemed a lot bigger now. More empty. Darker. You heard a noise from outside your window. You whipped around to look.

Squirrel.

Suddenly the realization of your situation dawned on you.

"Look at me, continuing on with my life." you laughed a little. "So silly..."

You poured yourself another glass of water, rubbing your eye.

"My fiancé just tried to...oh my god..." you buried your head in your hands.

"He's probably dead." your head shot up with a gasp.

Who...?

Oh. It was me. Jesus christ, go the fuck to bed (y/n)!

Facepalming, you went to bed, leaving your water there on the counter. You lied in bed staring at the ceiling and yawning. This wasn't working. You got out of bed and walked out into the kitchen.

"That's weird..." you said aloud. I don't remember leaving the bathroom light on.

You walked into the bathroom to shut the light off. In your shower, there was a girl that looked eerily similar to you hanged from the showerhead. Blood ran down from in between her legs. You couldn't even scream. Then you realized...that girl was you. You immediately turned around to throw up and woke up in your bed, a cold bead of sweat formed on your forehead.

Breathing heavy, you ran into the kitchen and actually threw up.