|04|

[Y/N] vs Storming Jelly Tarts

Palace life was hard. Of course, when she first started out she was a young servant, but she was also the young servant that saved Ezran and Callum years ago. Now, she was a trained warrior.

She may have been a trained warrior, but she was still the only Zudna in the castle, and pertaining to her wishes, King Harrow allowed her to adorn traditional Zudna warrior clothing: trousers made out of the silk from the naturally falling-off of impenetrable Grundle scales with a tunic that was entirely made with nemean lion fur.

Now, she was a trained soldier. Positioned as a guard in the royal palace. But not just any guard in the royal palace. The person royal guard to Prince Ezran and Prince Callum. Although, she was stationed to be with Ezran on most days and on many occasions, she sometimes accompanied Callum to places.

But most times it was to be part of a demonstration with Soren for a Sword lesson. Others it was because Ezran wanted her to be close to his brother. Then, there was also the concept of how much hours she was with them.

To be fair, she was put to be with Ezran from eight AM in the morning to eight PM. A decent twelve hour shift if you ask e. But she never budged. She wanted to be with the two boys for however long it was.

[Y/N] hadn’t slept in an actual bed for days. She always sleeping outside their bedroom doors. It was also a good thing that Zudnas, technically, didn’t sleep. Well, not mentally. At night, while their physical self was resting, their mental selves were come out of their body.

Think of Doctor Strange in his astral form. That is basically what the Zudnas do. Except it was more like a ghost self than an astral form. Now, the story starts with [Y/N]’s body sleeping outside the door to Ezran and Callum’s chambers.

Her mental body was inside their room reading a book from the lighting of Bait, the Glow Toad. She said this was easiest and better way to catch someone trying to harm her two favorite people in the palace.

Callum, a green eyed brunette that was a few months older than her, was in his section of the room drawing making odd comments. [Y/N] was starting to grow irritated at him forming a tick mark on her ghost like forehead.
“Take that, marshmallow monster.” Callum imitated a growl.

“Will you please stop that?” [Y/N] snapped at him. “You’ve been making weird commentary for the past two hours. Shouldn’t you be in bed sleeping?”

Callum turned to her, but he wasn’t able to answer. Thunder crashed overhead making Callum yelp. A little too loudly for [Y/N]’s taste, because Ezran woke up and Bait was tossed onto her head (who went straight through her).

“Callum!” Ezran squeaked sitting up.

“It's okay, Ezran. It’s just a thunderstorm. Nothing to be afraid of.” Callum said to which [Y/N] snorted. “And what was that for?”

“It’s kind of ironic, Cal. You yelped when the thunder sounded yet you tell poor defenseless Ezran here it is nothing to worry about.” she said.

Callum glared at her. Ezran’s tired eyes darted between the two fourteen year olds. Sometimes he had no idea of what to make of their relationship. Sometimes it was friendly and full of friendship while other times it was filled with resentment and mean sarcastic remarks that could classify them as enemies.