6.

"Momma! Wake up!" Rowan giggled as he jumped on my bed.

I groaned as I slowly opened my eyes.

"Good morning, baby." I smiled at him. "What would we like for breakfast today?"

"Jam!" He laughed as he climbed off my bed. I rolled my eyes. My son is addicted to jam.

"Jam toast? Crumpets? Pancakes?" I got up and followed him to the kitchen.

I watched as his little chubby face got lost in thought. "Toast." He said to me.

"Okay. Jam toast coming up." I pulled out the toaster and slipped the bread in it and turned the kettle on. I made Rowan's toast and myself a coffee and leaned against the bench as I drunk my drink, watching him.

Rowan offered me a bite and it would be rude to say no so I took a mouthful and made enthusiastic noises. "Yummy."

Rowan giggled as he continued eating.

"Eat up, then shower and get dressed." I told him as I finished my drink.

I don't know why, but I like to tell him what was next, maybe it's a form of preparing him a routine for him to instinctively follow as he got older.

I helped Rowan off the stool and gave him a quick shower. I sat on the closed toilet as I rubbed the towel through his messy and wet hair.

"Boo!" I laughed, making him giggle. Once his hair was dry enough, I let him attempt to brush it before I took over and dressed him. "What do you want to do today?" I asked him.

It was the weekend and I always like to makeup for lost time on the weekends with Rowan. I refused to do any work unless he was asleep.

"The park!" He jumped in his excitement.

I gave him another smile. "Sure, bub. You go play. Momma will get ready."

Rowan might be shy of three, but he knew go play means in his room. I wasn't fussed on having his toys scattered through the house.

I quickly showered with the bathroom door open and got dressed for the day. I ran some mousse through my hair and gave it a quick roll out with one of my curling wands. Just enough to manipulate the loose and bouncy curls before pinning the top part back, out off my face.

I slipped on some canvas shoes and went to Rowan's room to get his sandals. But Rowan wasn't in his room. Frowning, I walked to the lounge and saw him in there crawling on the floor with a small car.

I picked him up, making him giggle again as we sat on the couch and I did up his sandals. "Let's go!" I smiled as I got my bag and his little backpack. I placed his hat on his head and went to the car, buckling him in.

"Where are we going again?" I asked him in a silly matter.

"The park, Momma!" he giggled as I tapped his nose.

"That's right! Silly Momma."

"Silly Momma." Rowan repeated as I got in the car.

Flashback
"I don't like that name." Rhea said, her face all scrunched up. "Why must it start with a R?"

Ryder grinned at her as they laid out comfortable on the picnic blanket.

Rhea had her head in Ryder's lap as he leaned back.

"Why not?" He asked her.

"Why are we even discussing baby names? I'm not even pregnant." Rhea sighed at him.

"Yet. You ain't pregnant yet."

Rhea glanced up at her husband. The waves were soothing as she brushed some sand off her arm. "Why the sudden change of tune? You said you didn't want kids for a couple years yet. Something about not wanting to share." She teased him.