7.

Flashback
"You're gonna burn that out." Rhea smiled as she walked in to the office. "I left 30 minutes ago for lunch and you were shredding paper."

"I'm nearly done." Ryder told her as he feed another piece of paper through the shredder.

"No deal on that contract, huh?"

"No. And I'm not giving him another chance." Ryder growled as the paper shredded.

Rhea walked to Ryder, a plastic bag in her hand.

"How was lunch with Gabriel?" He asked.

Rhea hummed. "Good. She is on the way to the airport now. She has to go to Melbourne before heading back to New York."

Ryder took her arm and made Rhea sit on his lap. "I know she's your friend and you'll miss her, but before you know it, she'll be back."

Rhea sighed as she cuddled into Ryder. "I know. She'll be back for the wedding."

"That soon?" Ryder asked, surprised.

"Yes." Rhea said in a silly tone. "She is my maid of honour."

Ryder kissed her. "But you get so occupied while you're with her." He complained.

"Pft. You have work to do, mister." Rhea smiled against his lips. "So don't complain when I have to keep myself busy."

Now
I quickly pushed Ryder off me while he was in a small state of confusion and went to Rowan.

"Cookie, Momma, please." He asked me. I opened the top cupboard and got the jar down, taking out a cookie.

"Go play in your room." I said to him as I crouched down.

"No food in room." He reminded me.

"It's okay, this time." I assured him as he turned to look at Ryder.

"Who that?" He asked me shyly.

"Someone I knew a long time ago." I replied. "Now go, please."

I stood upright as I watched Rowan stare openly at Ryder as he slowly went back to his room. Ryder watched him intently, a frown on his face as Rowan disappeared.

"You're a mother?" Ryder finally asked me.

"Yes." I told him. "I am."

"So where's the father?" I saw his eyebrow arched as he started asking questions.

"Gone." I snapped back.

"What's his name?"

I snorted out a laugh. "I'm surprised you don't know. You know where I live. Where I work, my phone number. Didn't you do a full background report?"

Even if he did, I never did put Ryder's name on the birth certificate.

Ryder frowned deeper. "I didn't think I would have needed to. I knew you didn't remarry so I didn't go any deeper. What's his name?" He asked again, shoving his hands in to his pockets.

I pursed my lips together.

"How old is he?" Ryder demanded.

"What?" I growled at him. "Do you think he is yours? Because he isn't!" I yelled out. "He is two. Now get out! Get out off my house now!"

Ryder smirked at me. "Well, it didn't take you long to find someone else after me, did it?"

"You accused me of having an affair. You kicked me out! You blamed me for our problems that I didn't know existed. You hurt me, Ryder! You broke me. I loved you so much and you broke me. You had me thinking I did do something wrong when I didn't." I cried at him, wiping the tears away. "Get out now. I want you out of my house. Out off my life!" I screamed.