11.

I coughed out. "Are you asking me out?" I finally managed to say.

"Not exactly." Luke smiled. "I've got an event on for the paper on Saturday night. It might be a good time for you to be introduced and all."

"Oh." Was all I could manage to say.

"So sign in to a course, send me the billing info and the company will cover the cost." Luke told me as he pulled out a business card, giving it to me.

I lightly took it and thanked him for it.

"Saturday, 4pm. I'll pick you up from your place."

"Okay." I whispered out. It wasn't until after Luke left that I remembered about Rowan. I'll need a babysitter. I got up and raced to Sasha's desk.

"Sasha, Sasha, Sasha!" I hurried towards her, putting my arms out on her desk to stop me from coming closer. "Have I ever told you that I love you?" I sweetened my voice at her as I batted my eyes.

Sasha laughed as she put her pen down. "What's up?"

"I need a babysitter."

Sasha faked a moan as she pretended to think about it. "I dunno. When?"

"Saturday arvo, all night?" I wouldn't have a clue when I would get home.

"Oh, you'll be pressing my timetable." Sasha teased me.

"Pwetty pwease." I batted my eyes again.

"Seeing that cutie. Of course I can. The hubby is in this weekend, he can help."

I gave her a bright smile. "Thank you!"

****

I did a pit stop to a lawyers on Wednesday during lunch, after meeting the new boss and had paper work drawn up.

It was ready for pick up after work that day and I had personally delivered it to Ryder's house after taking Rowan to day care Thursday morning.

Ryder had left already for the day, thank goodness, I didn't feel like talking to him but it was today, Friday, that he had visited me, while I was at work that had thrown me off.

I heard a knock on the door and five of my colleagues, Luke, Jan and myself all turned to the door as it opened, my assistant poking her head in.

"Sorry. I'm after Rhea." She whispered loudly.

I immediately shot up and went to her. She knows not to disturb my meetings unless it's Rowan.

"What's wrong?" I asked, keeping my voice low.

"There is someone here to see you. I tried telling him that you can't be disturbed."

"So it has nothing to do with Rowan?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"Then tell him to wait. I'm nearly done anyway." I muttered as I closed the door. "Sorry." I grumbled as I sat down.

My meeting went for another twenty minutes and after it was finished, it was just Luke and me in the board room.

"So, are we good for Saturday night still?" Luke asked me.

"Oh, sure. What exactly is it?" I asked as I closed my book, pulling my glasses off.

"Just a mixer, at a local club."

"So I'm not turning up in the wrong attire, should I wear a cocktail dress?" I didn't want to turn up in jeans and shirt if everyone else will be dressed to the nines.