X

September

"To Venus!" Those were their last words before almost everyone was drunk on their asses. Drinks were passed on to the table, shots were made. We were all having a good time based on the looks on our faces. Niall had his arm swung around my shoulders loosely as I laugh at one of the guys' jokes.

"You two are adorable! How long have you two been dating?" Danielle, Liam's girlfriend, asked.

"Oh no, we're not together. She's my best friend." Niall said with a smile.

"He gets really protective at times." I stated.

"If I was your best friend, I'd get pretty protective too." Zayn said and Liam nodded.

By 11, almost all of us are already drunk. The exception of me and Louis, he didn't really say much and stayed quiet all the time. He barely even had a drink, like me. I didn't know why. I didn't make an effort to talk to him too because I was afraid I was going to say something stupid like how he looked with his denim jacket and white shirt.

Perrie had to put on a pink paper crown on my head and shouted "Smile!" followed by a flash of her camera. She showed us the picture and I smiled at how cute Louis looked. We were both not ready for the picture so I made a face showing my teeth while he widened his eyes, sipping on his drink. I was about to tell her to send me the picture but Niall almost fell from his chair due to being drunk and I took that as a cue to leave.

"We have to go." I told Perrie with my hands gesturing a sleepy Niall that was leaning onto me.

"I'll come with you." Louis told me as I get up from the table. Liam and Zayn muttered their goodbyes while the girls smiled apologetically at us. They were drunk a moment ago but I guess they needed to sober up for the sake of their boyfriends.

Niall had his left arm slung around me while Louis had his right arm. We were struggling to get him to my car because this Irish fellow was heavy.

"What about your car?" I asked Louis as he piled on to the passenger seat of my car.

"I didn't bring my car. Liam drove us here." He simply said. I nodded and put the key to the ignition.

"You're going to drop him off at his dorm?" Louis asked after a moment of silence.

"Nope, he's going to stay at my dorm. He mentioned earlier that he forgot his key and I don't like to disturb his roommate."

"Oh."

I drove silently and I caught Louis looking at me on my peripheral vision. He looked like he was going to say something as he opened his mouth but then closed it. He did this a couple of times and I ignored it, not wanting to push whatever he wanted to say to me.

Just as I thought my night couldn't be more perfect, a sign that says 'out of order' was hung on the elevator doors and I groaned loudly not caring who might hear. I wasn't up for a walk up to 16 floors but I have no choice so I started charging towards the stairs. Louis didn't say anything and I just guessed he wanted to help. I got Niall and was halfway through the 5th floor when I stepped on something and tripped. Us three went tumbling down the steps because of my minor, now major slip. We were quiet for a moment before Louis and I burst out laughing at how ridiculous our position was.

Niall had his head between his legs like he was trying to suck himself while his arms were spread out on his side. My hair was fanned out on the floor and my legs were sprawled up against the steps. My upper body was situated on the landing on the stairs. The sign read 4th floor on the door and Louis had his legs on either side of the door while his body was parallel to mine.