LXXII

CHAPTER LXXII

May

"Vee!" Eleanor yelled from downstairs as I was looking through reports and such of my patients.

The doorbell went off a few seconds ago and I believe whoever was at the door was for me.

"Yes?" I said as I strut down the stairs in sweatpants and one of Louis' shirts.

"Someone's at the door for you." She raised an eyebrow, taunting me with her smile before returning to her previous position at the couch as she watched her show, even though Louis bought her a TV a few weeks ago.

Nothing has changed. She's still Eleanor that's more like a disabled person more than a pregnant woman. She has made Louis her personal slave whenever he's home, as he was warming up for football season since he's ankle is fully healed.

I tried to offer my help whenever she calls for Louis but then she tells me that she doesn't want me helping her since she doesn't want to owe me anything that I would hold over her head.

She also made it clear that the baby is having Louis' last name, which I have no problem with, but she also implemented that not only the baby's going to have Louis' surname but also her, which I ignored, knowing her threats are empty.

She also made time to tell me that I will not be in her baby's life, no matter what my role is; basically she said that Chance and I was not going to know the baby at all and vice versa.

Of course, I hadn't said anything to Louis at all, but I've been venting out my frustrations to Fleur and Peter whose house has been my safe haven for the last couple of weeks.

I know you're thinking, why don't I just go to Niall's? He's been busy for the past weeks, due to going to Cardiff to fix a problem with his tattoo shop because it had gone bankrupt and it turns out one of his employees are stealing from him plus he had the record shop to deal with and he'll just tell me what he's been telling whenever I see him, it's that I'm stupid.

I've been helping Peter and Fleur with their exams, which kept me busy and had me wondering if I wanted to be a professor as well. They both have been very supportive, despite the age gap, claiming that I seemed like a teenager as well.

Chance has been busy with school and practice, like Louis said, he's been picking up Chance and sometimes they'd go grab lunch with me when I'm on break.

Basically, I haven't really been in my house because of how suffocating it is here but I can't do anything. I know the doctor said don't leave Eleanor alone but the arena is just a few minutes away from our house, it's barely a home anymore ever since she came.

Despite going to bed and waking up next to each other, Louis and I have been fighting a lot. I guess it's just stress and more so because of Eleanor, we try to resolve it before it get heated but it always ends up with both of us sleeping with a heavy heart and waking up like nothing happened the night before.

Today, Louis was at the arena, Niall is at Cardiff and Fleur and Peter was still in uni so I had no choice but to stay at home with Eleanor. Chance had no classes and I wanted to spend time with him but he's been busy playing a video game.

"Who is it?" I asked her as I stood over her.

"If I know then they would've been inside." She rolled her eyes before grabbing a mouthful of popcorn and shoving it in her mouth.

I let out a huge sigh before making my way to the door, maybe it was someone from work. It was.

"Um, Chris? What are you doing here?" I asked as soon as I took in his appearance.