Chapter 9: A Legend Reborn

Whis and Vados fixed the arena, made it bigger, and both Chiliad and Cabba jumped down onto it. Cabba got into his battle stance, and it was almost identical to the one Vegeta uses.

(Chiliad)"That reminds me, where is Vegeta? And Nappa, and Radiz? I'll deal with that later."

(He doesn't know that they're all dead.)

(Cabba)"You ready?!"

(Chiliad)"Bring it!"

Beerus shot the gong, and Cabba made the first move. He threw a punch at Chiliad's face, and the Frost Demon blocked it with ease. He continued the assault, pushing Chiliad back. He changed his punch to a kick, which Chiliad barrel dodged. Chiliad went for a punch, but Cabba ducked, and threw one in Chiliad's gut. Chiliad did a downward kick with his left leg, and as the Saiyan prepared to block it, the Frost Demon switched to his right leg, sending Cabba back.

(Chiliad)"Is that all you got? Tired already?"

Cabba got back on his feet, and put his hands in a similar position that Vegeta uses for his signature attack, the Galick Gun.

(Cabba)"Take this!"

He fired a purple energy blast at Chiliad, who countered with a red one.

(Chiliad)"Not bad! In my base form, we're equally matched! At this level, the fight won't end anytime soon!"

They both stopped their attacks.

(Chiliad)"Alright! Time to kick it up a notch!"

He went into his final form, which slightly worried Cabba.

(Chiliad)"So tell me, you cannot transform into a Super Saiyan?"

(Cabba)"I'm sorry, but I don't know how!"

(Chiliad)"I don't blame you, there hasn't been one for thousands of years."

(Beerus)"Whis, what's this Super Saiyan thing he's talking about?"

(Whis)"It's a lost technique that the Saiyans used to have, but the first Saiyan who obtained it couldn't control it's power, and he made the Sadala of our universes uninhabitable."

(Beerus)"Interesting, I remember a dream I had about something similar to that, but in it, the warrior was easily defeated, so I guess it doesn't matter."

(Cabba)"I'm begging you. If you know how it works, then teach me how to become one! On behalf of my family waiting for me back on Sadala, I want to become stronger, so I can bring true peace to my universe!"

(Chiliad)"Hmm, I'm not the best teacher, but I guess I can give you a history lesson."

(Chiliad)"Years ago, before my father was born, there was Chilled. Although he only had a power level of 1,000,000, he was the strongest in the universe at the time. One day, he came across the Sadala of Universe 7, and there was civil war going on at the time. Seeing the value of the planet, he gathered a large invasion force to take it over."

(Chiliad)"During his conquest, a Saiyan, who we think was called, Yamoshi, tried to kill my great grandfather. He was beaten almost to death, and out of nowhere, his hair and eyes changed color, and he effortlessly took out Chilled, sending him into space. During his rampage, some of the Saiyans stole Chilled's ship, and made their way to Planet Plant, where they eventually killed all life on it, and renamed it to Planet Vegeta."

(Chiliad)"So in order for you to become a Super Saiyan, I have to do what Chilled did!"

He charged at the Saiyan, delivering a punch to his stomach. He then got behind him, and punched him in the face. Chiliad knocked Cabba around, not giving him a second to counterattack.