4.

(This is an angst chapter. You've been warned)

Natsu woke up an hour later as Gray stirred in his sleep.
"Feel better?" Ezra asked as Natsu sat up rubbing his neck.
"Ow..." Gray sat up holding his head.
"What... happened?"
"Morning Elsa." Natsu giggled as Gray's eyes widened.
"Oh god what did I say?"
"Nothing important. C'mon I'll take you home." Natsu helped Gray to his feet as Happy walked beside them.

They opened the door to the guild hall as everyone looked up and cheered.
"Let it goooo!"
"Baaaaaaby! You are my angel!"
"Eat a snickers Gray!"
"Is the band getting back together!?"
"Ducks!" Several shouts could be heard from all across the guild. Gray blushed and covered his face.
"Shit..."

"Did I say anything else?"
"Um... nope! That was it heh... yeah." Gray stared at him for a second before someone yelled out.
"Oh Natsu you look soooo beautiful!" As several people make kissy faces.

Gray's face reached a new shade of red as he looked over at Natsu, his voice cracking.
"Did I... really say that?"
"Uh... let's just get going." Natsu quickly dragged Gray out of the guild and started walking to his house.

Happy flew up and whispered in Gray's ear.
"You liiiiiiiiike him."
"I- I do not!" Happy giggled and flew back over to Natsu. After a while of walking in silence, Natsu stopped and Gray ran into him.
"I-I'm sorry!" Natsu yelled as he jumped away from Gray.
"No I should've been watching where I was going. Why'd you stop anyway?"
"We're at your house."

Gray looked over to see that it was his house.
"Oh uh..."
"Well I have to go... It's getting late." Natsu waved as he walked away with Happy following.

"Where are we going Natsu?"
"Home. I've had enough social interaction for one day. I just... need a break."
"We still need to talk about what happened on the train." Happy nearly whispered.
"I-I'd rather not." Natsu crossed his arms and walked a little faster.
"You saw her again didn't you?" Natsu stopped in his tracks as his breath caught in his throat.

"I-it's not like that. I know s-she's not here a-and that she's gone... but sometimes t-the memories..." Natsu took a deep breath as he started walking again.
"Sometimes I just forget t-that they're me-memories..." Happy placed a paw on his leg, urging him to continue.

"D-do you remember... h-how I would throw up w-when she hi..." Natsu paused for a second and wiped his eyes.
"A-anyway back on th-the train I thought she w-was... an-and I just..." Natsu took in a shaky breath and sniffled.

"I... I think I'm done t-talking for today..." Happy nodded and flew up, hugging Natsu.
"I'm tired." Natsu yawned as his pace slowed.
"Want me to carry you back?"
"Yes please." Happy picked him up as Natsu started drifting to sleep.

(Dream)

Screams echoed throughout the basement as Natsu covered his ears. He tried to stay as silent as possible. Another scream and then a loud thump. Natsu dared open his eyes as he stared at the body on the other side of the room.
"Maggie..." He whimpered then quickly covered his mouth.
"Did you say something brat!?" The large women snapped as she kicked the body aside and made her way over to Natsu.

Natsu shook his head furiously and tried to scoot away. The women gripped his wrist tightly as he cried out in pain.
"I don't want to hear another sound come from your mouth!" She yelled and slapped his face. He yelped and tried to move away.
"What did I just say!?" She let go of his wrist, instead gripping his hair. She kicked him in the stomach as Natsu screamed and started clawing at her arm.

She threw him against the brick wall as he cried out and curled in on himself.
"You need to apologize to me! Right. Now." Natsu sat up whimpering.
"I-I'm sorry... Mama..."
"Speak up!" She gripped his arm, her overly large nails drawing blood. Natsu grimced and spoke louder.
"I'm sorry Mama!"