7.

Hey guys!
Can you believe there's actually an update
Anyway I was trying to decide which fic to update and saw all your comments and was like oh shit I haven't updated this one in like 3 months
So I hope you enjoy this chapter

"Can I ask you something?" Lucy spoke quietly, her hands clenching as her mind sorted through thousands of answers that Levy could answer with. Levy looked away from the door where Gajeel and Natsu had just left, and nodded.

"What's wrong with Natsu? I know it's not really any of my business, but when we first met he was... I don't know. I thought he was just shy but..."
"You really want to know?" Lucy nodded.
"Yeah, me too." Lucy was caught off guard, this wasn't exactly the answer she was preparing for.

"You don't know?"
"Uh uh, no one does. Natsu is very private about his past. As far as I know, Happy is the only one who knows, well I think the master does too. Even then, that's only two people. It must've been pretty horrible though... he comes into the guild crying sometimes." Lucy swallowed the lump in her throat and gave a weak nod. Levy suddenly looked up and started waving her hands around.

"Oh, I don't want you to get the wrong idea about him though! He's very kind and caring. But if any of us were in danger, he would protect us with his life. We're like a big family here, and Natsu values that a lot." Lucy smiled a bit and Levy let out a laugh.
"One time Macao went on a mission to defeat some Vulcans, but he was a few days late. Natsu almost burnt down THE WHOLE MOUNTAIN looking for him!" Levy giggled before she finally settled down.

"Oh, I really do need to go check on them now. Let's talk later, yeah?" She spoke while pulling a different book out of her hand.
"Definitely." She smiled and Levy gave a quick nod before walking out of the guild.

Lucy looked around for a minute, trying to decide on what to do. She thought about taking a job, but some of the other guild members explained how teams worked earlier and she definitely wanted to try it out.

A few members were already trying to recruit her, and she wasn't sure what she was looking for, but none of these teams seemed to have it. So far she got along with Levy pretty well and thought about joining her team, but they already seemed really close and she didn't want to intrude.

After around half an hour she realized that they still haven't come back inside. She stood up and walked towards the door. She was nervous, not sure if she would be welcome or not. Ignoring her thoughts, she cracked the door open and poked her head outside.

Natsu was fast asleep curled up with Levy and Gajeel smiling softly. Happy was sleeping on top of the boy's chest, purring contently. Lucy couldn't help but smile, Levy turned towards the door and motioned for her to come outside.

"Oh, I wasn't trying to interrupt, it's just been a while and I got worried-"
"Lucy, Lucy it's ok." Levy giggled, "You're not bothering us, I promise."
"Are you sure Natsu would be ok with me being out here?"
"Just so you know, Natsu takes a long time to get used to new people, but Happy says he was pretty much fine around you. It'll be ok" Gajeel spoke and ruffled Natsu's hair. Lucy smiled and sat down next to them.

"So, find any teams you like?" Levy asked.
"Well, a lot of people asked me but, I don't know. They just didn't feel right."
"You shouldn't feel pressured to find one though. You don't have to join any, you can go solo." Gajeel added.

"I think I'm gonna get used to the guild more and hang out with everyone for a while, maybe take a few easy jobs."
"Sounds good. We're glad you're here Lucy." Levy smiled.

"Now, I don't know if you noticed, It's a secret right. But the guild gets really excited when we get new members. The screaming is very subtle." Gajeel said a bit sarcastically with a smile playing at his lips. Lucy chuckled.
"Yeah, their screaming really hid the excitement well." Levy let out a snort as Lucy spoke. Suddenly Happy let out a soft yawn, starching out his legs.

"Oh, hey Lucky." He blinked a few times and shook his head.
"It's Lucy!"
"Same thing." He waved his paw and looked up at Levy.
"How long did we sleep?"
"Only about ten minutes."
"I really needed that." He stretched out his wings before sliding to the ground.
"It was only ten minutes though." Lucy muttered.
"Yeah, well sometimes I need a ten minute nap! Gajeel, she's bullying me!" Happy cried and hid behind him.

"I didn't even-"
Levy giggled and shook her head. "Happy stop antagonizing her." Happy gasped and looked offended.
"I think the victims have been mixed up here." He pouted. Natsu yawned and he walked back over to him. Natsu blinked slowly and tried to look around.

"We're outside the guild, you fell asleep when you were reading."
"Oh." Was all he said as he looked around at the three people smiling at him.
"Have any nightmares?"
"No..." He sat up looking a bit embarrassed, facing away from Lucy."
"That's good."

"Hey sleepyhead." Gajeel laughed. (Geehee ya know)
Natsu mumbled something and scooted behind Gajeel.
"You hiding?" he asked and Natsu gave a weak nod. Lucy looked over to Levy, about to ask if she should leave, but Levy was already speaking.
"No, he's fine. Even if he's used to you, he'll still get like this sometimes." She held out her hand to him, and he took it. She pulled his arm out from behind Gajeel and turned to Lucy.

"Give me your hand." Lucy held out her hand and Levy let go of Natsu's, instead replacing her hand with Lucy's. She could feel Natsu's hand shaking as she held it.

"See. It's ok." though Levy's words were mostly directed at Natsu. He peeked over Gajeel's shoulder, glancing between them all.
"You think you're ready to go back inside?" Gajeel asked and Natsu nodded. They stood up, walking back inside, Natsu didn't let go of her hand.