weddings are scary but our marriage isn't

jongin is drowning. he's sinking further and further into the depths and he just cannot pull himself out. no matter what he tries to grab onto, he continues to fall.

for the past year it had been the same thing. every hour of his day revolved around planning for the 'big day'. if he'd have known how stressful he would feel he wouldn't have agreed to marry chanyeol (that's a lie, he would have, but still). now it's finally the day and jongin not only has cold feet, he is cold all over. he knows his fiancé and the whole of their wedding party are waiting outside the door for him, the wedding is supposed to start in 30 minutes, but he just can't. he should just escape through the window, run away and never look back. he could, it's right there, it's wide open, why doesn't he just leave? he doesn't feel ready to get married, not even to the love of his life, park chanyeol.

park chanyeol, the most amazing man jongin has ever encountered. from the moment they met on jongin's first day of university, he was smitten.

jongin follows the group of the other first year students into their classroom and is forced to take the last seat available, right at the front of the class. being as shy as he is, he nods politely to the people around him but ultimately keeps to himself. he's never been one for socializing.

they only wait for about 20 minutes before their teachers pour into the classrooms and give their introductory speeches. jongin finds himself on the verge of falling asleep but it's nothing new, he's perpetually tired. kyungsoo teases him for it, calls him an 'adorable, sleepy baby bear' but he always follows it up with what he calls "scratching you where your cute bear ears would be" so jongin never minds.

he perks up after about an hour when a group of upperclass students pour into the room with a variety of instruments. one in particular catches his eye, though. right at the back of the group is a tall, absolutely gorgeous, guy with the widest smile and cutest ears he's ever seen. the man is talking to the girl beside him but eventually turns in jongin's direction and when he does, jongin swears he sees his heart jump out of his chest and fly over to the man, burrowing into his chest where his own heart is. he knows nothing about who this guy is but he knows he wants him. wants him BAD.

the orientation is over after a couple of hours and jongin is feeling lighter all over. his guy, who he now knows is named chanyeol, is also really fucking talented. he played a song on his guitar and sang with the most beautiful voice jongin has ever heard and jongin knows he's in love. a hot guy is great but a hot, talented, guy is beyond words.

in the midst of his love crisis, he sees a chair pull up in front of him and makes the mistake of looking up at the person placing it there. his eyes meet the man he wishes to father the children of (even though it's impossible) and he is instantly reduced to a blushing, stuttering mess.

"hello," chanyeol says in his deep, sexy voice.

"h-hi," jongin mumbles back. he wishes he could kick himself in the face for being so damn awkward.

"my name is park chanyeol, i'm a third year singer/songwriter/guitar/piano student." jongin wants to cry. "what about you?"

"i-i'm kim jongin, i play guitar, too." chanyeol proceeds to ask him a million and one questions about his guitar playing career and jongin can only sit and watch as he slowly gets more and more excited.

they sit and talk for half an hour before the first years are dismissed. chanyeol looks a little embarrassed as they both stand up to leave.

"sorry for hogging all of your attention," he says.

"it's okay, i didn't mind," jongin replies. chanyeol grins and as he shakes jongin's hand, he manages to slip a piece of paper to the latter.