babies and families

jongin's niece and nephew are going to be in this and i don't know what their names are so i'm sorry but they won't have names 😂

chanyeol's always been good with small things; whether it's an animal, a person, or an inanimate object, he knows how to handle them. jongin used to worry that chanyeol's size, although not much taller than himself, would scare small things or cause him to be dangerous around them. that's why he was nervous to introduce chanyeol to his family, his niece and nephew to be exact. they were only 3 and 1 when the couple first got together and jongin didn't want to risk his clumsy boyfriend around the children. it wasn't until they'd been together for 2 years and had adopted a puppy together that jongin stopped worrying. they'd had their dog for a year and chanyeol had never once even accidentally hurt him. in fact, jongin was the one who constantly stepped on toben's tail. chanyeol always 'scolded' him for it, toben is his baby and jongin sometimes thinks his boyfriend loves the dog more than him. he probably does.

jongin's parents have been bugging him about meeting chanyeol since they got together so jongin decides it's time for them to meet and invites chanyeol to his nephew's birthday party.

"are you sure?" chanyeol asks when jongin tells him.

"i think it's time you meet everyone, especially since you've proposed," jongin says.

"is this why you haven't said yes, yet?"

"partly. i love you but i want to make sure that you get along with my family first." jongin slides onto chanyeol's lap and wraps his arms around his boyfriend's neck. "plus, i have to make sure you're good with kids because i want three."

"only three? i was thinking twelve," chanyeol teases.

"in our small apartment? hardly likely." chanyeol grins and kisses jongin gently.

"thank you," he whispers.

"what for?" jongin asks.

"letting me be part of your family."

"you're getting ahead of yourself, you haven't met them yet. i could still kick you out."

"well, let's hope i make a good impression, then."

he does. the minute jongin introduces him to his parents on the saturday afternoon, his mother is extremely taken with him.

"jongin, you never told me how handsome he is," she says, petting chanyeol's hair.

"he hasn't? i'm offended," chanyeol jokes. jongin slaps him in the side which earns him a glare from his mom.

"don't be mean," she scolds. "come on, chanyeol, everyone is dying to meet you."

chanyeol sticks his tongue out at jongin as he's dragged away by his mother, leaving jongin and his dad alone in the front hall.

"maybe bringing him here was a bad idea," jongin says.

"it's about time," his dad says. "we've been wanting to meet the man that's made you so happy these past few years."

"i know, i just think mom's going to replace me with him."

"entirely possible."

jongin chuckles and follows his dad into the living room where all the women in his family are crowded around chanyeol and throwing compliments at him.

"he's so tall." "look at these strong shoulders." "what adorable ears you have." "too bad they can't have biological children."

jongin notices how flustered chanyeol is becoming so he slips into the circle and wraps his arm around chanyeol's waist.