prince charming

it's just past midnight when jongin slips out of his bed and carefully tiptoes down to the front door. everyone in the castle is already asleep but he has somewhere important he needs to be.

he passes a security guard, kyungsoo, on his way out and the smaller man nods in understanding. kyungsoo is jongin's best friend and knows not to stop jongin or ask where he's going at such a late time. that's why jongin loves him, he'll do what he asks unconditionally.

it's a short drive from the castle to jongin's destination and he's practically shaking the whole ride, his fingernails tapping incessantly on the steering wheel. he hops out of his car once parked and follows the path of the woods to where he sees a campfire blowing tall. there's a man sitting in front of the fire and just by the shape of his back jongin can tell who it is. he wraps himself around the man once he reaches him, making him jump in jongin's arms.

"don't do that," he whispers, rubbing his hand along jongin's forearm. the latter smiles and moves to sit on his boyfriend's lap.

"happy 3 year anniversary," he whispers. chanyeol smiles and leans up to kiss jongin sweetly.

"happy anniversary," he replies. jongin wraps his arms tighter around chanyeol's shoulders as he scoots closer to deepen their kiss. chanyeol allows himself to be pushed down to the ground but pulls away from jongin shortly after.

"i still don't think we should be out here," he says.

"relax, yeol," jongin says. "it's midnight now, no one is going to be out here except us."

"there are always people around ready to take pictures of their beloved prince jongin." chanyeol huffs and jongin kisses the pout off his lips. "they'd have a field day if they stumbled across the prince lying with another man, a poor, common man, by a fire in the middle of a forest."

"you worry too much, there's no one around, i promise." jongin slides his hands under chanyeol's shirt and massages the man's chest. "now, i've been waiting days to see you and i think i deserve something for being so patient."

chanyeol lets out a laugh as he rolls his eyes at jongin's implication.

"i'm not getting naked in a cold forest," he says.

"it's not even cold and i have blankets, we'll be fine," jongin insists. before chanyeol can refuse any more, jongin leans down and steals his breath and words with another kiss. it doesn't take long for chanyeol to give in and let jongin have his way with him. how can he complain when he's buried balls deep in his painfully sexy boyfriend as the latter rides him into the next year.

jongin pulls off chanyeol completely spent and quickly wraps them up in his big, thick blanket.

"i love you," he whispers, head lying over chanyeol's heart as he traces circles on his boyfriend's tummy.

"i love you, too," chanyeol replies. "but please leave my stomach alone."

"no, shut up, it's cute," jongin says, but does what chanyeol says, wrapping his arm around his waist instead. they lie in silence for a while but jongin can feel how tense chanyeol is beside him.

"what's on your mind?" he asks.

"i don't know, it's just," chanyeol stops to think for the right words, "is this all really worth it?"

"what?" jongin asks.

"our relationship." jongin sits up to argue but chanyeol rubs his arm to assure him that's not what he meant. "don't get me wrong, i love you more than anything, but i don't like that we have to keep hidden. i can't be your boyfriend in public and i hate it because i want to kiss you constantly but i can't. i know it's because you're the prince and you can't be with someone like me but it still doesn't feel very nice."