la vie en rose

let's just pretend that chanyeol wrote the song 'la vie en rose' 😂

kim jongin and park chanyeol. their names are plastered all over france, you'll see a poster of them wherever you go. they're the most popular duet of their time.

the year is 1945. chanyeol and jongin have been performing together for 10 years now and the second world war has just ended. as the two are popular artists, they did not have to fight in the war but were highly requested as entertainment for the celebrations. they don't mind, though, they love performing almost as much as they love each other.

they've been together almost as long as they've been performing. they met on the streets of france when chanyeol came across jongin dancing. it was a warm day in 1933, a nice tuesday afternoon, and chanyeol had been given the day off work. the 20 year old didn't know what he should do, he didn't want to be at home where he would have to do work with his father, so he took a stroll down the main high street. he walked in silence, admiring the landscapes as nobody offered to speak to a foreign looking man like him, until he came across someone dancing.

the first thing he noticed was the man was beautiful. he was tall, not unlike chanyeol, but buff and strong looking, and he moved with the fluidity of water. he looked absolutely flawless as he danced to whatever songs his cassette player was playing. he had gathered a small crowd around him, mostly teenage girls who looked smitten with him, and chanyeol found himself joining them.

the second thing he noticed was that the man was asian like himself. he guessed maybe korean but he couldn't be too sure without hearing his name or speaking to him. he hoped the man either spoke korean, french, or english as chanyeol was fluent in all three.

the last thing he noticed was how young the boy looked. he must have only have been in his mid to late teens. chanyeol guessed mid to late teens. he couldn't care less about how old the boy was, though, he was gorgeous and an amazing dancer.

the boy finished dancing after about 20 more minutes and the crowd around him slowly faded out, all except for chanyeol. he approached the boy and smiled when he looked up at him.

"you're an amazing dancer," he said. the younger boy blushed and mumbled a 'thank you'. "how long have you been dancing?"

"since i was 5, so 13 years now," the boy replied.

"are you doing another performance soon?" chanyeol asked.

"no, i think i'm done for the day. why?"

"i wanted to ask you something."

the boy looked hesitant but nodded and the two sat down on the curb of the street.

"so," chanyeol started. "my name is park chanyeol and i'm in the process of becoming a performer. i sing and play the guitar but so far i haven't been able to get anywhere. i was thinking about what i could do to get myself out there and then i came across you. i think we should team up together and become a duet. i'll sing and you dance."

"i don't know, i just met you," the boy said.

"i know you did, but think about it. we could be amazing, we would have so many fans and perform so many concerts together. with your dancing and my singing, we would be so popular. two young, attractive guys is what everyone wants to see. just picture it."

the boy stared at chanyeol in silence for a few seconds before a hint of a smile showed on his face. "how do i know i can trust you?"

"you don't, i guess." chanyeol shrugged. "we don't know each other but i just know that we can be amazing. we can go far together."

the boy smiled and held his hand out to chanyeol.

"my name is kim jongin and i would be happy to work with you," he said. chanyeol grinned in response as he shook his new partner's hand.