until the end

"it's really happening, isn't it?" jongin mumbles as he watches voldemort and the deatheaters close in on hogwarts. he looks at his boyfriend chanyeol beside him and hates the look of worry he sees. "don't worry, yeol, we'll be okay."

"people are going to die, jongin," is all chanyeol says.

"but we won't. the 9 of us will be okay." jongin cups chanyeol's cheeks and turns the latter's head to face his. "we will live, chanyeol. you, me and the rest of the boys will live and one day this will just be the story of the day 'he who must not be named' was stopped."

"i don't want to lose you," chanyeol whispers. jongin shakes his head and presses a kiss to chanyeol's lips.

"you won't. i'll be by your side the whole time. i promise."

"i love you."

"and i love you. i can't wait to tell you again once it's all over."

the two kiss a few more times before they're broken apart by their group of friends.

"let's go and hide," kyungsoo says.

"we don't want to be the first people they see," baekhyun adds. jongin notices how his and kyungsoo's hands are linked together between them and it makes his heart ache. they've only just confessed their feelings to each other so jongin hopes they'll get to live their lives out together.

chanyeol takes jongin's hand and the group of 9 boys scurry off together in an attempt to find a place to hide. they see harry potter and his friends on the way and exchange reassuring nods with them. they'd all been a part of dumbledore's army in their fifth year in case this war broke out; they wanted to be able to defend themselves just in case.

they make it to an empty classroom and shuffle in as fast as possible but jongin freezes when he hears a gasp beside him. he turns around and sees chanyeol staring at a deatheater striding down the hallway towards them. he grabs his wand from his pocket and throws the first out spell he can think of.

"stupefy!" he cries. the deatheater stumbles back a far distance so he turns back to the door but finds it locked. "guys, open up!"

"sorry jongin, it's too risky," jongdae says from inside. "good luck."

"are you fucking serious?!" he growls.

"stay safe, we love you guys!" junmyeon says.

"jongin, no time, let's go," chanyeol says. he grabs his boyfriend's hand and they run to find another room to hide in. they try every door handle but every one they find is already locked. jongin already has no faith left that they'll be able to get anywhere.

and that's when it happens. he hears chanyeol let out a cry of pain then he lands on the floor next to jongin. jongin turns around and sees the deatheater from before running towards them. his mouth opens before he realizes what's happening and with an 'avada kedavra' the deatheater falls to the ground. after making sure there's no one else coming, jongin drops down beside chanyeol who's struggling hard for breath.

"chanyeol, what hurts?" he asks.

"leg," chanyeol pants. jongin helps him turn onto his back and winces at the huge gash in chanyeol's thigh. it's bad, he can see all the way down to the bone.

"okay, it's okay," he says. he rips his sleeve off and wraps it around chanyeol's leg, tugging on both ends until it's secure.

"jongin-"

"do you think you'll be able to walk? you can put all your weight on me."

"jongin-"

"we have to get going as fast as possible, it won't be long until they realize we killed one of them."