Chapter 16

Avery's Pov
Jackson looks at me and says. "Why you being quiet what's up with you?" I look up from my menu and look at Eric and then at Jackson. "I'm not being quiet." He shakes his head and the waitress comes and takes our orders and Zoey says. "What y'all whispering about?" Eric says. "Nothing I just asked him was his girl good?" I look up and roll my eyes. I get up and walk to the bathroom. I turn around and I see Zoey walking in the bathroom. She looks at me and says. "You ok cause you being extra quiet." I say. "Yeah I'm good." She says. "You lying what's up is it Jackson." I shake my head and say. "It's not Jackson." She looks at me. "Then who is it?" I say. "It's Eric he just rubbed me the wrong way." She looks at me and says. "Girl don't mind him." I wash my hands and I dry them off and walk out the bathroom. I walk out the bathroom and I walk back to the table and sit down. Zoey sits next to me and I start eating my food. Zoey looks at Jackson and says. "What you do for a living?" He says. "I'm a entrepreneur." She says. "What made you start liking my girl Avery?" He looks at her and says. "She's different from the girl's I'm use to." I look at Zoey. "This must be a interrogation." Jackson looks at me and says. "It's ok bae she can ask me anything she wants." Zoey says. "Good." I shake my head and I finish my food. The waitress comes over and hands us our tickets and we pay for our food and we get up and walk outside to Eric's car. We get in the car and Jackson looks at me. "You good now?" I look at him and nod my head and whisper. "I'm fine Eric just rubbed me the wrong way." He looks at me and says. "Why didn't you tell me that Ima check him." I shake my head. "Don't I'm good." Eric pulls up in my driveway 40 minutes later and I get out and Jackson gets out behind me and looks at me and says. "You want me to come in?" I turn around and look at him and say. "You don't have to but you can." I walk in the house and Jackson follows behind me. Layla gets up and looks at me. "What's up with you?" I shake my head and I walk upstairs.
Zoey's Pov
I look back and say. "We going out to eat if that's ok with you and Jackson." Avery nods her head.Eric pulls up in Applebee's parking lot and we get out and walk inside. I look at Jackson. "So you and Avery?" He looks at me and says. "What about us?" I say. "You won't play her right?" He says. "Why would I play her?" I say. "I'm just saying." Avery walks off and Jackson follows behind her. Eric walks over to me and says. "I don't like her." I look at him and say. "You don't even know her." I walk off and The waitress walks over to us and we follow her to the table. I sit down and look through the menu. Jackson looks at Avery and then at me. He whispers to me. "What's up with Avery?" I look at him and shake my head. "I don't know." He looks at Avery and says. "Why you being quiet what's up with you?" She looks up from her menu and looks at Eric and then at Jackson. "I'm not being quiet." Jackson shakes his head and the waitress comes and takes our orders and Eric and Jackson start whispering. I look at Jackson and say . "What y'all whispering about?" Eric says. "Nothing I just asked him was his girl good?" Avery looks up and rolls her eyes. Avery gets up and Jackson looks at me. I get up and say. "I got this." She walks to the bathroom and I follow behind her. I look at her and say. "You ok cause you being extra quiet." She says. "Yeah I'm good." I look at her. "You lying what's up is it Jackson." She shakes her head and says. "It's not Jackson." I look at her. "Then who is it?" She says. "It's Eric he just rubbed me the wrong way." I look at her and say. "Girl don't mind him." We walk out the bathroom and back to the table. she sits down and I sit next to her. I look at Jackson and say. "What you do for a living?" He says. "I'm a entrepreneur." I look at him and say. "What made you start liking my girl Avery?" He looks at me and says. "She's different from the girl's I'm use to." Avery looks at me. "This must be a interrogation." Jackson looks at her and says. "It's ok bae she can ask me anything she wants." I say. "Good." The waitress comes over and hands us our tickets and we pay for our food and we get up and walk outside to Eric's car. Eric pulls up at Avery's house 40 minutes later and Her and Jackson get out. I look at Eric and shake my head. He looks at me and I get out the car and walk inside the house. Layla looks at me. "What's up with Avery?" I look at her. "Eric rubbed her the wrong way." Jackson says. "She wouldn't let me check him."