Chapter 24

Avery's Pov
Someone knocks on the door and I get up and open it. Caleb says. "Can I talk to you?" I let him in and I sit on the bed. He looks at me and says. "I made Jackson go out with Jane." I look at him. "And you expect me to believe that." He says. "I'm telling you the truth." He walks out the room and I get on my phone. I hear Layla yelling and I get up and walk downstairs. Layla turns around and looks at me. "You good?" I nod my head and Jackson says. "Avery just listen to me." I shake my head. "Just leave Jackson." Zoey looks at me. "Avery talk to him." I shake my head and say. "Why tf would I talk to him?" Zoey says. "Just let him explain." I look at Zoey. "He can leave and you can too." I walk upstairs and I go in my room. I pin my hair up and walk in my bathroom. Someone knocks on my bedroom door and I walk out the bathroom. I go to the door and open it and Layla walks in my room. "You know I'm here for you right?" I look at her. "Yeah I know."
Layla says. "Good,but why you didn't tell me." I look at her. "I didn't know at first,but some girl told me." She shakes her head. "Girl fuck him." I lay down in the bed and say. "The crazy part about all of this is that I was starting to fall for him." She says. "Just forget him." I say. "Easier said than done." Zoey walks in the room. Layla says. "Don't come in here trying to convince her to talk to him." Zoey says. "Look he feels bad and he says it didn't mean anything." I sit up and look at her. "I don't want to talk about Jackson." Layla looks at me and then Zoey. I shake my head and my phone starts ringing. I see that it's Jackson calling me and Layla looks at me. "Don't answer the phone suh." I look at her. "I'm not,but I'm about to go to sleep." I put my phone on the charger and I lay down in the bed and get under the cover and go to sleep.
Jackson's Pov
I say. "Can y'all talk to her for me?" Layla glares at me. "Nigga I'm not talking to nobody for you." Avery comes downstairs and Layla says. "You good?" She nods her head and I say. "Avery just listen to me." She says. "Just leave Jackson." Zoey looks at her. "Avery talk to him." She shakes her head and says. "Why tf would I talk to him?" Zoey says. "Just let him explain." She looks at Zoey. "He can leave and you can too." She walks upstairs and Layla looks at me. "Nigga you heard her." I shake my head and leave. I hear Zoey yelling. "Jackson wait." I turn around and look at her. "Wassup Zoey." She looks at me. "Just give her some space she can be stubborn." I shake my head. "You believe me right?" She nods her head. "I do,but you still shouldn't have went." I say. "You right." She says. "I'll try talking to her tho." I look at her. "I appreciate it." I get in my car and drive home. I pull up in the driveway 40 minutes later and I see Caleb and Jane. I get out the car and I walk up to the door. "Why you bring her here?" He says. "She just wanted to apologize." I shake my head and walk in the house. Caleb follows behind me and says. "Just talk to her." I turn around and look at him. "Nigga I'm not talking to her,so just leave."  I walk upstairs and I get my phone and try calling Avery but she doesn't answer. I shake my head and get in the bed and turn on the tv and watch it for awhile until I fall asleep.