Chapter 17

Jackson's Pov
Eric looks at me and says. "I didn't bro." I look at him and Avery and Zoey walk back to the table and sits down. Zoey looks at me and says.
"What you do for a living?" I say. "I'm a entrepreneur." She says. "What made you start liking my girl Avery?" I look at her and say. "She's different from the girl's I'm use to." Avery looks at Zoey. "This must be a interrogation." I look at Avery and say. "It's ok bae she can ask me anything she wants." Zoey says. "Good." The waitress comes over and hands us our tickets and we pay for our food and we get up and walk outside to Eric's car. We get in the car and I look at Avery. "You good now?" She looks at me and nods her head and whispers. "I'm fine Eric just rubbed me the wrong way." I say. "Why didn't you tell me that Ima check him." She shakes her head. "Don't I'm good." Eric pulls up in Avery's driveway 40 minutes later and She gets out and I look at Eric. "What's your probably bro?" He turns around and looks at me. "I don't like Avery." I say. "She didn't do shit to you and nah me and you can't be homeboys." I get out the car and follow behind Avery. I look at her and say. "You want me to come in?" She turns around and looks at me and says. "You don't have to but you can." She walks in the house and I follow behind her. Layla gets up and looks at her. "What's up with you?" She shakes her head and walks upstairs. Zoey walks in the house and Layla looks at her. "What's up with Avery?" She says. "Eric rubbed her the wrong way." I say. "She wouldn't let me check him." Avery comes downstairs a few minutes later and looks at me. "You staying for a few hours or?" I nod my head and say. "You in a good mood mhm I wonder why." She walks over to me and pushes me playfully. Layla clears her throat and says. "Y'all must don't see us or something?"  Zoey says. "Leave them alone girl." I shake my head. "Y'all want to watch a movie or something?" Layla says. "Me and Zoey have to go but rain check." I look at her. "All you had to say was that you want me and Avery to be alone." Layla and Zoey walk out the house and I look at Avery. "We about to watch a scary movie." She glares at me. " I'm going to bed." She starts to walk off but I grab her arm softly. "I'll hold you bae come on." She turns around and rolls her eyes. "Stop playing and I'm not about to watch that." I look at her. "Fine we can find something else to watch." She walks in the living room and I follow behind her. I sit on the couch and she sits next to me. I pull her closer to me and I wrap my arms around her and she hands me the remote. I shake my head. "You so scary." She looks up at me. "Nigga I'm not scary." My phone rings and Avery looks at me. "You're not going to answer that?" I look at her. "It's nobody but Caleb and I'll call him back tomorrow." She shakes her head and watches tv. I look down at her. "Don't fall asleep on me either bae." She looks up at me and says. "If I fall asleep then oh well." I look at her and say. "I know you don't be that tired." She looks at me. "I do."
Layla's Pov
I walk upstairs and I get on my phone. I lay down in the bed and I get text from Avery. I shake my head. I fall asleep for a few hours and I get up and walk downstairs and I see Avery and Jackson. I look at Avery. "What's up with you?" She shakes her head and walks upstairs. Zoey walks in the house and I look at her. "What's up with Avery?" She says. "Eric rubbed her the wrong way." Jackson says. "She wouldn't let me check him." Avery comes downstairs a few minutes later and looks at Jackson. "You staying for a few hours or?" He nods his head and says. "You in a good mood mhm I wonder why." She walks over to him and pushes him playfully. I clear my throat and say. "Y'all must don't see us or something?"  Zoey says. "Leave them alone girl."  I look at Avery and shake my head. "I see you trying to spend time with your man." She rolls her eyes and Jackson says. "Y'all want to watch a movie or something?" I look at him. "Me and Zoey have to go but rain check." He says. "All you had to say was that you want me and Avery to be alone." Me and Zoey walk out the house and we get in my car. Zoey looks over at me and says. "They cute together and Jackson seems like a nice guy." I nod my head and I drive to Zoey's house. She turns on the radio and I pull up in her driveway a few minutes later. I get out and look at her. "I'm staying at your house tonight." I walk inside and I sit on the couch and turn on the tv.