Trailer

Kaitra has finally managed to escape from the Granziar dungeon, her companions, and her destiny and return to her home and her moutnain.  She is determined to forget all of Yuragwyn and live her quiet, easy life again in our world.  

Traugott is faced with maximum-security prison in Granziar with Calanthe and Briallen, and all the shame that comes with it.  They have been put up for ransom, at the high price of Yuragwyn's total surrender.  Now the whole country can stare and see that he has failed not only to strike an effective blow at Granziar but to keep the Daughter of Yuragwyn safe and with him.  He fully expects to die here, the downfall of the whole country.  Calanthe is still broken over her brother's death, and Briallen is still smug over Traugott's fall from Calanthe's graces. 

But Kaitra can't erase her true country or her true parents from her mind and finally decides to return and apologize for the way she treated Lord Cadfael and Lady Carys and maybe offer a little help to get Calanthe out of wherever she is.  

Like she suspected though, it isn't going to be easy to just pop in and leave again.  War with Granziar is thickening, and soon the small region of Rite over the Western mountains starts to grumble.  Once Lord Cadfael and Honorable Urien hear the whole story of the journey, how will they react to that and each other?  Will Yuragwyn ever be able to throw off the Granzians and stay a united country?